Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

is anyone elses passport and piece of crap?

Old 09-08-2002, 05:18 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Shagguar
Helloo fastball...
Uh, what was wrong with what I said? It's the truth, ya know. Just trying to let sadhonda have an informed decision before he makes his next purchase.
Old 09-09-2002, 09:43 PM
Shagguar

Uh, what was wrong with what I said?
Nothing, just thought I would say hello since it seems we post in some of the same threads, and I dont post much either.

But if the same thing happened to me, and even if I knew Honda did build pretty high quality cars, I still woundnt shell out money for another honda just to rob them of a sale. There are many other good cars on the market, but ill add that I think Honda has the best overall minvan, sport coupe (RSX), FWD Luxury Sedan(TL-S)...and maybe roadster, mini-ute, SUV.
Old 09-15-2002, 07:51 PM
Tirod

you are a retard if you judge honda off the passport...
Old 03-15-2003, 03:25 PM
Passport = Best
Banned

Default The Fake Honda Is Great

I've owned my Passport since it was brand new in 1999. I am part of many Isuzu/Passport sites where people fully customize these trucks. I haven't run into ANY of them who have had real problems.
My family has had a 94 Civic EX and a 93 Accord EX-- both had many, many problems. The Passport was bought to replace the Accord and is now mine. I have customized it to my taste, and haven't had ANY problems of any kind with it. Far more reliable than any other Honda I've had.
Most of you people who are talking trash about the Passport have never owned one and you let the few people who do have problems, decide for you what this vehicle is like. Please, check out www.cardomain.com and click on Honda Passport, or Isuzu Rodeo and see for yourself. If these vehicles had problems, people wouldn't be spending money trying to make them look good and plan on keeping them a long time!
The Passport is an incredbily awesome SUV for its category. It is a REAL SUV, so stop comparing it to car-based ones! Everyone knows Consumer Reports and Edmunds have a hate of Isuzu and that is why their reviews of it are so low. Talk to real owners and learn this is an awesome truck. I'd buy another one later in life if they were still being made.
This is a REAL SUV, built on a real SUV platform, like the Ford Explorer. However, the Explorer has 80% of its owners unsatisfied whereas the buyers of a Passport were looking for a car-based SUV and instead got a nice looking tame truck.
Old 03-15-2003, 04:15 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Default Re: The Fake Honda Is Great

Originally posted by Passport = Best
Most of you people who are talking trash about the Passport have never owned one and you let the few people who do have problems, decide for you what this vehicle is like.
My stepbrother has a 96, and it has a bad lifter at only 85,000. He is aware it's not a Honda. The only reason he's going to spend the money to fix it is because you can't buy a good SUV with a manual trans. anymore. But yes, he is unhappy, and not at Honda. His other car is an Accord.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:22 AM
cwa107

Bottom line here is that a handful of people are always going to have trouble with a particular make and model of car. That doesn't mean that the manufacturer or the model is bad, it just means that one of a million different variables caused your particular car to be unreliable.

Don't make the mistake of generalizing based on a one in a hundred-thousand experience.

Any time you have a machine that has thousands of moving parts, there's bound to be a problem - even when there are no defects from the factory. Throw in the way the owner treated the car or how the car was broken-in and you can start to see that how a car is going to run is simply a matter of luck.
Old 03-20-2003, 12:50 PM
nandoboom

Default I am stuck with a passport too

Well I am sorry to say, but I do own an Passport and it is a piece of crap. I have a 96 passport 4x4 EX V6, manual tranmission, which is a piece of crap. At 35000 miles my clutch broke. At 40000 my ignition coil broke. At 55000 my other two coils broke. At 65000 two of my oxygen sensors broke, then the other two. Now at 95000 it's the starter, and to take it off it's a nightmare. I would like to know the Japanese that decided to put the starter for the passport where he did so i can kick his ***. I really don't know what's next to fix on my passport piece of crap.., but it really sucks.

Now I am stuck with it.
Old 04-09-2003, 10:30 PM
mickey513

My gf's Dad has a 98 Passport EX 4x4, which he purchase new for nearly $30k (sticker was like 29k+), don't remember the exact number. (*What a ripped though IMO at the MSRP of $29k, POS automobile*)

Anyway though, I have to agree with everyone, the car is a piece OF SHIT.:madfawk: First off, like what other pointed out. It is made by ISUZU, POS car maker. But my gf's Dad wanted to buy it anyway because it had a "HONDA" badge on it. Toyota at that time didn't have a SUV except the 4-runner, which he didn't like because it was too long. He wouldn't even look at a American SUV, don't blame him for that part.

He too was thinking since Honda had that much trust to use a Isuzu products, it must not have been a bad car. Boy was he wrong, the car is a POS. :madfawk: First off, tire started "squeeling" on turns, even on regular normal turns. Dealers said it was "NORMAL" :madfawk: . AC no longer works, and this car only has 31k miles! Shit just blows out warm air. Gas guage doesn't work properly. The ride quality has gone to shit, constant complaints by people shitting in the car of how "Bumpy" the ride was. Note this car only has 31k miles, so shocks are in good condition.

Havn't experience any of the engine problems other had yet since it isn't driven much and has only 31k miles for a 5 year car.

And the other little sqeeks and squeels here and there. Just a POS car IMO. Would of been happier buying a Toyota Highlander but too bad Toyota was smart and didn't release a city SUV until it was truely well built.
Old 04-10-2003, 09:05 AM
nandoboom

Sorry to tell you that you will continue to have problems with the passport. It's just a horrible car. About the AC, I do have the same problem (I forgot to mention this), instead of cold air I get warm air. Now, if you add to this that I live in Miami, can you imagine what it is to get warm air when the outside temp is 90-100 F

I was able to save some money and finally got a real SUV, a PILOT. I am real happy with this car and hope this time Honda don't rip me off. Some people tell me I am stupid for buying another Honda, but I think this time they did real well with the Pilot. And believe me, I did shop around for other SUVs for over three months before I made my decission. I was looking for a SUV with a third row seat but at the same time not as big. The Pilot is just perfect. The 3rd row is for my kids (as no adults will fit there), I have the space, and plus is a V6 and not a V8 like the rest of SUVs.

I made a big mistake though ... I did not trade my Passport :madfawk: (biggest mistake I've ever made)
Old 04-10-2003, 12:52 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Originally posted by nandoboom
Sorry to tell you that you will continue to have problems with the passport. It's just a horrible car. About the AC, I do have the same problem (I forgot to mention this), instead of cold air I get warm air. Now, if you add to this that I live in Miami, can you imagine what it is to get warm air when the outside temp is 90-100 F

I was able to save some money and finally got a real SUV, a PILOT. I am real happy with this car and hope this time Honda don't rip me off. Some people tell me I am stupid for buying another Honda, but I think this time they did real well with the Pilot. And believe me, I did shop around for other SUVs for over three months before I made my decission. I was looking for a SUV with a third row seat but at the same time not as big. The Pilot is just perfect. The 3rd row is for my kids (as no adults will fit there), I have the space, and plus is a V6 and not a V8 like the rest of SUVs.

I made a big mistake though ... I did not trade my Passport :madfawk: (biggest mistake I've ever made)
You did not make a mistake by purchasing a Pilot. Everything about the vehicle was designed and built by Honda. You made a very wise choice. The people who told you not to buy another Honda obviously never owned a true Honda themselves. The Pilot is among the absolute best SUVs available today. As I'm sure you will agree, the V6 Honda uses is smooth and powerful enough to do what you need it to do. We are all aware of the reliability and/or safety issues with GM and Ford SUVs, so you really can't go wrong with the Pilot.

Quick Reply: is anyone elses passport and piece of crap?