Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

Odyssey suspension

Old 11-06-2003, 11:14 AM
praxis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odyssey suspension

A customer of mine is looking to upgrade the suspension on his Odyssey. He is using the van for his business, in which he hauls quite a load (in the cargo area). He is not happy with the ride when he is loaded. He is looking into getting a Suburban...I can't have that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

.Matt.
Old 11-06-2003, 10:53 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Reminds me of Italian Job.

Hmm, only thing I can think of is getting hard springs or springs with a very high rate. Not too many out there for Odyssey's... Try posting on www.odyclub.com :rick:
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 11-10-2003, 05:55 AM
Bob Shiftright

Tire Rack lists HD springs for the Oddy.

Also, Grassroots Motorsports did some suspension-wheel-tire modifications on an Oddy and it beat a Porsche around a race track. Albeit it was a 1964 Porsche on 1964-type tires. It still lost to an E-type Jag. Might be worthwhile looking for the article. http://www.grmotorsports.com/

As a final thought, did or doesn't Honda offer a commercial version of the Oddy, without any rear seats? Would it have HD springs?
Old 11-17-2003, 04:44 PM
Kartracer

Look into installing airbags in the rear suspension. I think there are only two available for the Odyssey: Links-Firestone Coil-Rite and Airlift Airbags
Old 11-18-2003, 01:16 PM
praxis

We installed AirLift yesterday... It seems to be working well. I will post the install...with pictures.