Notices
Meets & Events Maximize efficiency in organizing local, regional, and national events.

East Coast Road Rally.

Old 04-11-2003, 03:19 PM
2k1_itr_0736

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default East Coast Road Rally.

..........Honda-Tech 1600............
1st Annual Honda-Tech USA rally.
Full on Gumball3000(copyright?) style.
UPDATES WILL BE MADE IN THE POSTS, AS WELL AS HERE

plans are as follows:
Starting June 7, leaving NYC-Arrive Miami June 10th
the trip will be a go if there is 25 cars entered. ide like to see this happen. not just for me, but for the board. let show some damn unity here. Im probably going no matter what, and so are a few of my friends. so i just thought it would be a great rally, and a superb fun time. I figured these date would work for this reason. http://www.occarshow.com/Carshownew/...owframeset.htm

4 days of driving. 4 nights of excellent fun. Stops at the best damn beach party stops on the east coast. 1600 miles of Full throttle Excitment. parties, driving fun, sponsors.. It will start in of course, NYC and end up in Miami. ALL cars will have to pass a tech inspection, just for everyones safety, and must be road legal. (in most cases) All entrants will have to sign a disclaimer. Yes, I know that this is a potentially expensive trip, the resorts, the parties, but think of the experience that you will have. Something when combined. (the cars, the beach, the absolute fun) is quite a rare occurance. SO sign up, its a guaranteed fun time. the only thing i cant guarantee is playboy bunnies. :-P but if any hot chicks wanna car pool for the fun, im sure there wont be any people that are gonna disagree.

these are the planned stops..
1st stop Ocean City MD
2nd Stop Myrtle Beach SC
3rd stop Atlanta GA
4th and Final Miami Beach

4th stop is 1 night and optional more. your call. i plan on staying for 3 days or so, just to enjoy it. Im working on getting Secured parking areas at Awesome Resorts, a vip list of the local clubs and such, as well as potential track time at some of the local racetracks. This Meet is Honda and Acura Based, But other cars are welcome too. I am in the process of getting American Honda to sponsor this Event, as well as a major tire distributor, and companies like Eso-Tech Limited to hook us up with some great fruit drinks for the ride.

Lets see the hands....
this will only happen if the interest shows. It will be Video Documented, And copies will be sold to entrants for $5, all others $15.
Ide like to see 50 cars go. 2 passengers is recommended, not manditory. Also Motorola Mr60 Radio's are recommended as well, not manditory
RADAR DETECTORS are Illegal in VA.
Entry Forms Can be had my Email, Sticker pack (Sponsors and Numbers) at an additional Cost of $45 (lets us know who's in the rally, and who we pick up along the way. Only entrants are "on the list" for the parties.) The first 10 entrants get theirs Free the first day of the rally. People that we gather along the way that havent entered, there will be a $15 door entry fee to get into the parties.

Also, we will need a few volunteers. People to be at the check points, to had out the flyers, count the cars that come in, the times they do so, and keep an eye on the cars until the full group shows. People that do so will recieve a "on the list" invitaion to the awesome parties as well as (hopefully) a Honda-Tech 1600 t-shirt.

Planned expenses are as follows.
Entry of $50 per driver, $25 per passenger (pays for the goodies, such as food and drinks as well as some smaller door prizes)
Sticker Pack $45(contains numbers, sponsors etc.)
Resort Rooms run from $69 -$165 a room. (make your own reservations, i have talked to a few places for the discount group rate, and those places are listed below. the price listed is for 1 room 2 people. going rate not the deal rate. just preparing for the worst)
Screen Printed T-shirts will be at an optional cost fo $20 and must be pre ordered.
Gas and tickets are on your own.
Repairs are on your own, but we will help
so get a passenger, and split the cost
italics means there are entered but arent guaranteed

The Current Entry List:
***************Honda-Tech.com******************
---------------Entrants-------------------------Vehicle
Car #1........2k1_itr_0736 / Ai95------------1995 DC2 Hybrid
Car #2........Sick Hatchem-------------------1989 ED9 Hybrid.
Car #3........Draglab01-----------------------?
Car #4........Marlonteg------------------------1994 LS
Car #5........Bitzbp----------------------------?
Car #6........JoshuaVTEC---------------------2000 Civic Si
Car #7........ScrapinSi------------------------**** Civic Si

Hotel prices:
OC MD "The Carousel Beachfront" OceanFront $119.99

Myrtle Beach SC "Compass Cove Resort" OceanView $109.85

Atlanta GA "Ramada Plaza Hotel" $59.99 and up

Miami Beach FL "Roney Palace Oceanfront Resort" OceanView $156.89, CityView $116.85

There are cheaper options as well. Email me if you are interested.

*************Categories for winning*************

This is for fun. A joyride through some really nice spots along the east coast, meets with other fellow h-t'ers, and alot of straight up bullshitting, eating, and parties. that is all, speeding is not encouraged. There are 11 categories for winning a nice trophy I have taken upon myself to order. the categories are as follows:

1.) Best JDM entry
2.) Best Hybrid
3.) Lowest Car
4.) Best Race Prepped
5.) Nicest Stereo Setup
6.) Hottest Girl
7.) Best Paint Scheme
8.) Longest Distance Traveled
9.) Best Participation
10.) Best Sleeper
11.) All Around Best of Show ( big trophy )

the voting will be done by the entrants, and the people that show up at the meets each day. there will be a voting box with slips for each category at each stop. the votes will then be tallied at the end of the rally in miami, the trophies will be awarded before the final night party. There will be other prizes from sponsors as well. not just a trophy. there may be more categories added.

Rediculous ricer behavior (wreckless driving, speeds in superb excess, illegal contests of speed, and whatnot) will not be tolerated. those who do so will be disqualified for the rest of the trip. Please report this activity promptly because it reflects on every menber of honda tech and the import comunity, we dont need more cops looking for us as easy targets. If you get disqualified and follow still, you are not allowed to the parties and your money will not be refunded, and void from trophies and car number will be taken away so as not to link you to us anymore. Sorry that i had to lay down the rules, but i think some people were getting the wrong idea.

*********************PRIZES**********************
The Drivers Seat will be giving any entrant 10% off any AEM and ACT product in their store. Showroom Sales only. They are located in Mass, Near Boston. Email me for more details.

9krpm Imports (www.9krpm.com) Will be giving away a carbon fiber EK front lip if there are 25 entrants (retails for $225). They will be giving away a AASCO 8lb Aluminum flywheel(for a b series) if we get 50 entrants. (retails for $375)

Shift Motorsports of New York will be giving away a Rear Camber Kit for 92-00 Civic or 94-01 Integra to the lowest car winner (retail of $115)
Old 04-16-2003, 10:23 PM
canada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm...