Notices
Meets & Events Maximize efficiency in organizing local, regional, and national events.

SOCAL meet...whose down!

Old 09-07-2007, 07:07 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Samson
lets get this thread deleted/locked whatever... since this will never happen.

-out
Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

The last time any more than 2 of us met up was in January... when Steve (Provocateur) was in town for winter break. Let me remind us all that it's now September 7th, 2007. David (1turbodc2) has been trying to get a meet going for months (some are more aware of this than others, as well do not all keep in contact outside han). Sure, i could have gone out of my way to set something up... but who would show up? Can any of us ever agree on a place, date, time, or any kind of plan for what there is to do... ? Additionally, we seem to have a problem with certain individuals who refuse to show up if it's anywhere outside their own city limits/ more than 5 miles away from where they reside. If the concept of a centralized location doesn't make sense to anyone... please PM me and I'll gladly explain. If someone is reluctant to make the drive, or they're too busy doing other things, or too busy posting on han... then don't go. It's that simple. But to expect everyone to come to you... is ridiculous IMO. If for some reason i was unable to attend a meet that most everyone had already agreed upon, i certainly wouldn't expect anyone to reschedule it, especially when people have to request days off to show up to these things- we aren't all privileged enough to have the weekends off... if you're one to take that for granted. We've had more than a couple weeks to figure something out... and personally, i don't think it should take months to plan a gathering of only a handful of people. If it does, then people are either a) not interested in having a meet (which is fine...life goes on) or b) completely unreliable... (which is also fine... but don't expect everyone to cater to your personal needs/wants/desires, and then cancel) and if that's the case, we don't need to have a meet. If the dedication existed, we'd have met a long time ago.... until then, fuck this thread.

With that said...

I realize people have busy lives/excuses and/or other things to do... but if it takes this long to get a meet going... uhhh it wasn't meant to be.

teh end

Last edited by Samson; 09-07-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:20 PM
dubcac
I

K1 > *
Old 09-08-2007, 11:39 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

The last time any more than 2 of us met up was in January... when Steve (Provocateur) was in town for winter break. Let me remind us all that it's now September 7th, 2007. David (1turbodc2) has been trying to get a meet going for months (some are more aware of this than others, as well do not all keep in contact outside han). Sure, i could have gone out of my way to set something up... but who would show up? Can any of us ever agree on a place, date, time, or any kind of plan for what there is to do... ? Additionally, we seem to have a problem with certain individuals who refuse to show up if it's anywhere outside their own city limits/ more than 5 miles away from where they reside. If the concept of a centralized location doesn't make sense to anyone... please PM me and I'll gladly explain. If someone is reluctant to make the drive, or they're too busy doing other things, or too busy posting on han... then don't go. It's that simple. But to expect everyone to come to you... is ridiculous IMO. If for some reason i was unable to attend a meet that most everyone had already agreed upon, i certainly wouldn't expect anyone to reschedule it, especially when people have to request days off to show up to these things- we aren't all privileged enough to have the weekends off... if you're one to take that for granted. We've had more than a couple weeks to figure something out... and personally, i don't think it should take months to plan a gathering of only a handful of people. If it does, then people are either a) not interested in having a meet (which is fine...life goes on) or b) completely unreliable... (which is also fine... but don't expect everyone to cater to your personal needs/wants/desires, and then cancel) and if that's the case, we don't need to have a meet. If the dedication existed, we'd have met a long time ago.... until then, fuck this thread.

With that said...

I realize people have busy lives/excuses and/or other things to do... but if it takes this long to get a meet going... uhhh it wasn't meant to be.

teh end

Since it seems like that 90% of that rant is aimed at me...
I'd like to rebut the claim that I'm the primadonna that is killing meets before they start.

Without boasting, I've put in my fair share of lengthy drives to accommodate the majority.

In nearly 5 years and a dozen or so meets, only one (Sears Point HPDE) was within 15 miles of me. But for all the others, I recognized that the meet location was the best for the group and I moved on.

And secondly, my open weekends come at a cost -- just like everyone else who manages both college and a professional career. Believe me, I do not take that time for granted.

But right now... at this moment, I'm a little tired of feeling like the default meet organizer. If the fact that I'm trying to organize one meet that is fairly close to me causes this much distress, I don't know what to say.

Until a 9.9 earthquake hits and Lake Elsinore is adjacent to Glendale, it sounds like geography is our biggest hurdle to progress...h:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
Since it seems like that 90% of that rant is aimed at me...
I'd like to rebut the claim that I'm the primadonna that is killing meets before they start.

Without boasting, I've put in my fair share of lengthy drives to accommodate the majority.

In nearly 5 years and a dozen or so meets, only one (Sears Point HPDE) was within 15 miles of me. But for all the others, I recognized that the meet location was the best for the group and I moved on.

And secondly, my open weekends come at a cost -- just like everyone else who manages both college and a professional career. Believe me, I do not take that time for granted.

But right now... at this moment, I'm a little tired of feeling like the default meet organizer. If the fact that I'm trying to organize one meet that is fairly close to me causes this much distress, I don't know what to say.

Until a 9.9 earthquake hits and Lake Elsinore is adjacent to Glendale, it sounds like geography is our biggest hurdle to progress...h:
geography is only an issue with you it seems. :shrug:

but it doesn't make much sense to have a meet on the far left/right/north/south/east/west... when we can do it somewhat in the middle. also, this meet wasn't expected to be "large"... if that was the case, it'd be in the basement. it shouldn't take significant planning for a few people. too much planning/thought is what kills these meets. if all i have to do is simply post an address, date and time.. then so be it. people can show up or stay home....

Last edited by Samson; 09-08-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:31 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

geography is only an issue with you it seems. :shrug:

but it doesn't make much sense to have a meet on the far left/right/north/south/east/west... when we can do it somewhat in the middle. also, this meet wasn't expected to be "large"... if that was the case, it'd be in the basement. it shouldn't take significant planning for a few people. too much planning/thought is what kills these meets. if all i have to do is simply post an address, date and time.. then so be it. people can show up or stay home....
Alright then, I see your point.
I followed up on Paolo's idea of karting with the hope that you'd make it.
Then my work week got fucking crazy and the idea died.
Fits the pattern to a tee.

The ball is in your court.
Time / Date / Place?

Old 09-16-2007, 09:10 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

This is confirming my suspicion... that I'm the one who has to take the initiative.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Mkazm83
Snapping bolts

Well since it was decided to have this held in LA, wouldn't it make sense to have the LA residents organize it? If you guys wanted to have it in OC, we would have already meet.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:21 PM
BKKloppenborg
Love my Acura

Sigh i have next Sat off :P lol