Notices
Meets & Events Maximize efficiency in organizing local, regional, and national events.

Woodbridge, VA VDOT meet #2

Old 04-03-2005, 05:41 AM
jspecb18c
all motor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Despite the dark skies, chilly air, and wet grounds....mother nature decided to be nice to us and keep the rain away until about 10:45 last night. I would like to put a big THANK YOU out there to all the people that decided to brave the weather and attend the meet. We had a total of about 200 cars show up for the meet and everything ran very smooth. There were no complaints about people trying to set up races or being stupid except for the occasional fly by up on 123, but that is expected. Also, another big THANKS to everyone who added to the donation bucket. It was a big help when it came to paying for the police officer and will allow us to do more things at the future meets when the weather starts to warm up. There will be raffles, hot dog cookouts, music provided by a DJ, vendor booths for the sponsors, and maybe even a bikini contest during the summer months. Again, THANK YOU to everyone who attended and hope to see everyone at the next meet on May 7, 2005.

-Ryan

p.s. if anyone took pictures, feel free to post them.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The caravan up there was certainly interesting... why did we go that way? I-95 was empty. :thinking:

I didn't stay too long since I was the only RX to show. I'll need to spread the word to get some more Rotary participation.