Notices

88 Acura Legend Stalling

Old 07-10-2007, 01:41 PM
X_Crayola_X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 Acura Legend Stalling

I'm new at this and also new at having a Acura...

I have a problem I just changed the water pump,Timing Belt, Belts and the motor mount... Now the car wants to stall in D when I stop at a red light and in R all the time. When it does stall I restart it and it runs okay.... I don't know if this was something I did or if its a new problem. We never touched the Timing. Stark plugs are clean. What could it be???? Also It makes that sound like I put bad gas in it. Bare with me I'm a Girl and I'm just starting to learn about cars but I would love any info you guys can give.

Thanks!

Crayola
Old 07-12-2007, 04:41 PM
ari_one

You said you replaced the timing belt but didn't touch the timing at all? Did you check to make sure you didn't unplug or leave any vacuum lines unplugged? You could also search on www.acura-legend.com as they have a lot more Legend owners, especially for the first generation like yours.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:56 AM
X_Crayola_X

Oh I don't know I will have to see if we missed anything... No we didn't touch the timing at all. Someone told me it maybe the distributor I believe My year has an adjustable disturber that someone told me may just need adjusting? Does this sound right to you?

Also I just started to notice that when I’m going 80 on the freeway (and that’s slow for me) it starts to shake then go smooth then shake again over and over till I slow down….

I really appreciate all your help.. Thanks!
Old 07-17-2007, 12:25 PM
ari_one

I'm not that familiar with the G1 as I have two G2's and the G2's are a completely different engine and computer setup. Like I said in the earlier post the other site is very active with lots of users every day who know these cars quite well. Suggest you try there.