I really need instruction for the 97 honda legend (RL) remote control
thenks alot
Old 05-08-2007, 03:42 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you go:
Originally Posted by jime
I have the Service & Part Bulletin. It is SB B97-040 for P/N 72147-SZ3-A01 used on 1996-98 RL

Notes: 1) Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work. You must reprogram all the transmitters once you’re in programming mode. The system accepts up to three transmitters.
2) To keep the system from exiting the programming mode, complete each step within 5 seconds of the previous step, and program the transmitters within 10 seconds of each other.

Steps:
1) Turn the ignition switch ON (ll)
2) Press the “LOCK” or “UNLOCK” button on one of the transmitters. (A non-programmed transmitter can be used for this step.)
3) Turn the ignition switch OFF (0).
4) Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3 two more times with the transmitter used in step 2.
5) Turn the ignition switch ON (ll).
6) Press the “LOCK” or “UNLOCK” button on the same transmitter. Check that the power door locks cycle to confirm that you are in the programming mode.
7) Press the “LOCK” or “UNLOCK” button on each transmitter. (You can program up to four transmitter per vehicle.) Check that the power door locks cycle after you push each transmitter button, confirming that the system has accepted the transmitter’s code.

I think the instructions are a bit confusing, but that’s what they say. I was successful in programming a remote with these instructions a couple of years ago.

jime

duck squad member #00003
Old 04-08-2008, 10:26 PM
strobel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you turn the alarm sounds on mine are on mute