Notices

finding the code for bose stereo options?

Old 10-06-2004, 08:48 PM
jstanley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finding the code for bose stereo options?

Oops, I disconnected my battery and now I need to find the code for the stereo. I haven't talked to the dealer yet. What are my options? Am I going to need the serial number? and do I need to remove the unit to find it or can I get it from the vin #? I figure this is a good place to start. Can anyone help? = Thanks, Jeff
Old 10-07-2004, 10:16 PM
yonip

Try to look for some stickers on the left outside of the glove compartment. You can usually see the stickers when you're on the driver's side and open the compartment. Or check you owners manual for stickers with numbers printed on it. Stickers should bear the code and the radio serial number. If you can't find it, dealers usually ask for radio serial number.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:02 PM
fhsgolfer123

If you can't find it on the outside, there is a sticker on the bottom of the actual radio with the serial number on it
Old 04-01-2005, 11:43 PM
mikey16556

sometimes you can just pop off the trim to get the serial #. the only way for the dealer to get u the radio code is by that serial #. they will charge you to remove it, although the parts dept can get you a diagram showing you where all the retainers are so you can remove it if you wish. the original selling dealer should have it on file though. if you dont know who that is have the dealership near you find out, the dealer # from the original selling dealer will show up on a vin # status request.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:18 PM
HoustonRL

Take your ash tray out and turn it around. The smaller set of numbers is the radio code. Worked for me.