Notices

radio code

Old 10-05-2003, 03:22 PM
Sleeper98GSR
LS stylee y0h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Patman- take a ride to Acura in Groton. Bring your radio with you. They'll give you a free code IF you show proof of ownerage. While you're down there, stop and talk to Colby (ur31337) in sales if he's not busy. He can pretty much answer any questions you may have.

PS: explaining your sitch will help you out too there. They're good people down at Antonino.
Old 10-05-2003, 04:40 PM
Patman015
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by dave0283
i had disconnected my battery before and the radio was asking for the code. I took the serial number down and called them up and they gave me the code, no questions asked. didn't even have to go in. they gave it to me over the phone. now i have the code and just put it in every time i have to disconnect the battery.
believe it or not guys, the local acura dealer here in Manchester, CT, also known as Schaller Acura said that they WOULD gimme the code if i bring them the radio. The radio has to have a serial number on it, and the serial number is on the bottom of the radio. So, i tore apart the inside of my car (literally) tryin to get the f***er out, and once i did, the label that was supposed to have the serial number is gone!!! Can you believe it??!! UGH, so the code is untraceable. Acura can't do anything for me if i dont have the serial number. So i said screw it, seeing as how i work at best buy and all, and went and bought myself a nice SONY radio. $300 for all of you, and $200 for me on my discount, not too shavvy. But I am much happier with this radio than that dam Acura one. I had to learn it the hard way, but i guess it's better to get an aftermarket radio due to the quality of sound. It sounds REALLY good and much better than the stock Acura radio. And it's real cool. It has an LED display, and it flips open automatically and stuff. HAHA, can't beat that. Thanx anyways guys I appreciate all ur help. Peace.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
my radio.jpg (30.0 KB, 54 views)