Notices

Exhaust

Old 09-14-2003, 08:48 PM
JohnQPhats
LS Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

I have a 1999 Acura Integra LS and I'm going crazy trying to figure out which exhaust to get. I want something that's not so big and only gets loud when you really step on it. I heard Mugen makes a pretty nice one like that but I'm not sure. I already have Intake and headers so my car is already sort of loud and I would prefere it to not be too loud. Not loud enough to give a cop an erection when I'm driving to work anyway. =P Any suggestions?
Old 09-14-2003, 08:53 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

first, you have one header :squint:

second, the mugen exhaust is like $900+. do you really want to spend that much on an exhaust unless you're going for a complete NA buildup?

apexi ws or rs*r exmag i say
Old 09-14-2003, 08:55 PM
Co0lDood
[ATP]ATL

hmm.. you have one header.. as snoopy would say.. lol.. all you care about is the sound and not the preformance? dont even care about specs? mismatchin specs would get you less power gain.. but anyways..

i heard the apexi WS is pretty quiet

:edit: wow snoopy beat me to it
Old 09-14-2003, 08:56 PM
JohnQPhats
LS Master

really $900 the guy at my shop said it was like $600. And I know I only have 1 header =p. I just got in the habit headers for some reason......Maybe cause there are multiple pipes. Anyway the rest of what you said flew right over my head. Not sure what you mean by "NA build up." I hear apexi is really nice though.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:58 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally posted by JohnQPhats
really $900 the guy at my shop said it was like $600. And I know I only have 1 header =p. I just got in the habit headers for some reason......Maybe cause there are multiple pipes. Anyway the rest of what you said flew right over my head. Not sure what you mean by "NA build up." I hear apexi is really nice though.
NA build up = Naturally Aspirated build up = big cams, higher comp pistons, etc...no turbo, no nitrous, no supercharger

$600 for a REAL mugen exhaust seems shady :eh:
Old 09-14-2003, 08:59 PM
JohnQPhats
LS Master

Originally posted by Co0lDood
hmm.. you have one header.. as snoopy would say.. lol.. all you care about is the sound and not the preformance? dont even care about specs? mismatchin specs would get you less power gain.. but anyways..

i heard the apexi WS is pretty quiet
O no I care about preformance. I was hoping maybe to find a happy medium. It's just that I drive through HB a lot cops down there are really bad. I just don't want something so loud that it will get me in trouble.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:01 PM
JohnQPhats
LS Master

Ahhh NA, all engine. Gotcha. Just got in to doing up my car like 2 months ago. Still learning all the lingo. Sorry. Hmmm well, I don't want to spend that much on an exhaust. I'll check out Apexi. Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by Snoopy
NA build up = Naturally Aspirated build up = big cams, higher comp pistons, etc...no turbo, no nitrous, no supercharger

$600 for a REAL mugen exhaust seems shady :eh:
Old 09-14-2003, 10:36 PM
BlueG2

RS*R!
Old 09-14-2003, 10:59 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

chambered and twin-pass exhaust systems are the quietest. While the chambered exhausts put a slight restriction on exhaust flow, the amount is negligible. Twin-pass systems are the best - excellent flow, excellent tone...the best of both worlds.

Mugen and Hytech make twin-pass systems. But their prices make it a less reasonable choice. Isn't DC Sports working on releasing a twin-pass system???

The Apex'i World Sport is chambered - good flow, good tone (slightly louder than OEM). And the prices on them drop every few months.

I'd recommend the WS.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:09 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DC Sport twin loop
RSR exmag
Apexi WS
Comptech

can't go wrong with any of those.