Notices

Type R Engine/Tranny

Old 09-07-2003, 05:37 PM
Integra4life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Type R Engine/Tranny

First off I don't know if I should post this here because my car isn't a true type-r it's a gsr with a type-r engine/tranny and cosmetics (I know you people look down upon this, hopefully I won't get flamed for this, but I couldn't find a type-r, at least in my price range, I don't pretend it's a type-r, I just say it's a gsr with some "light mods" ). Anyway I know the type-r has more hp than a standard gsr engine, but what about the durability? I've talked to a few people that said beat on it all you want and it will last you 200k without a problem (and no, I don't plan on beating on it all the time, I wouldn't go above 8k rpm for the most part). Is this reliable? And also what are some advantages to the type-r tranny from the gsr? If there is a faq on this I'm missing feel free to post it. Any info would be appreciated. And yea, I'm a newby :naughty:
Old 09-07-2003, 11:55 PM
NS98GSR

type-R tranny has shorter gears and an LSD
Old 09-08-2003, 12:26 AM
DB8

As we all know, Type R engines are extremely well built. Being race-oriented, they were designed to be pushed hard. So dont be scared to get your car in the upper rpms where the power is. Of course you can upgrade your internals if you're worried.

Article on transmission