Notices

Won't Start!

Old 09-04-2003, 01:26 PM
Skitter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't Start!

My 93 Integra died the other day. It will crank, but no fire. I figure the distributer but have'nt changed it yet. Before I do this I want to be sure its the prob. I am getting power to and from the coil, and it seems to have good resistance, but still no spark. I am new to the Integra scene so I was wondering if there was anything else that could cause this problem. I want to be sure before I dump $200 into it.

What Distributers will fit on this car? It's a 93 LS 1.8 DOHC.

Thanks
Old 09-04-2003, 01:36 PM
GSuperR
High revving V8 FTW!!!

You might have a bad starter, what happens may be the brushes wear out in the starter, making a bad electric contact. Have the dealership check it and see what the real problem is.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:49 PM
Skitter

Originally posted by GSuperR
You might have a bad starter, what happens may be the brushes wear out in the starter, making a bad electric contact. Have the dealership check it and see what the real problem is.
Starter works fine. Its an ignition problem for sure. I don't need to pay a dealer $60 to tell me something I already know. I used to work at one so I know how they work. :naughty:
Old 09-06-2003, 05:04 PM
sick79

possibly a fuel problem? is your fuel pump working? i had the same problem in my 90 rs, it was the coil though. i ended up changing the plugs, wires,distributor cap and rotor, fuel filter, ignition coil;previous owner neglected his car to say the least. ive also heard of fuel relay problems causing similar problems as yours.. good luck though if you havent fixed it yet.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:28 PM
karlt10

This will sound smart-axx, but isn't meant to be. Engine only needs 4 things to start: Air- Power(battery)- Spark- Fuel

Air- only if your filter looks like a flannel shirt will this be a problem.
Power/battery- no brainer.
Spark- (we'll go back to)
Fuel- (we'll go back to)

Spark- You say you've got juice at the coil, but don't assume it's getting to the plugs. Pull a plug, put it back on the plug wire, use a pair of RUBBER INSULATED PLIERS and hold the plug by the long boot just above the plug, and ground it on top of one of your shock bolts on the tower. Have someone crank the engine and make sure you are getting a spark. OR use a pair of ViceGrips and LIGHTLY clamp the plug to the shock tower bolt and try cranking. (I'd recommend an old plug) Spark? (I'll come back)

Fuel- with FI this is hard to check. Easiest way can be to go ahead and pull your inlet tube. After cranking, when the car is NOT RUNNING, open the throttle blade by hand and stick your nose to the intake and see if you smell gas.

Back to spark- if you are sure you have juice at the coil, and you do NOT have spark at the plug, and you are sure your wires and distributor cap & rotor are good, I will bet $100 you have a bad Ignitor. Same thing happened to me. Did my Spring tune-up with new plugs, wires, cap & rotor, PCV, all filters, etc. Started car, run for 15 seconds and died. No spark.