Notices

Need pads

Old 09-01-2003, 09:11 PM
97teg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need brake pads?

Ok im at about 70k and my brakes seem soft and go to the floor kinda easily. Im thinking new pads should work. I want somethign that will grad a bit better than stock but work well with the stock rotors. Im thinking metal matrix pads. Any suggestions? Oh yeah my maintaince light just went on. Is this normal around 70k?
Old 09-02-2003, 05:23 AM
integra_blurred
Objects in mirror are loo

Well, for what it's worth I've got some Hawk High Performance Street (HPS) Pads on all four corners. They're pretty nice. They feel good and stock under normal brakeing. They won't grab too hard unless you are brakeing really hard, but when you to floor the brake they seem to grab really well. Just my .02 u can get 'em at www.tirerack.com i believe.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:37 AM
DB8

You can also try Porterfield or Project U.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:43 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like you need to bleed fresh fluid into your brakes. Air in the brake lines is what causes a soft pedal. Worn down pads don't make the pedal soft.

If you don't know how to check to see if your pads are worn out, find a friend who's a DIY mechanic to show you. It's really easy.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:00 PM
stevieteg

I agree with jim blake, but if you do need new pads, I like my aem's. Make sure to get the better of the two though. No dust at all. My friend has axis pads on his prelude and the dust pretty bad. Also you pads will squeel if the needs to be replaced.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:12 AM
97teg

Nah i took it in and they said the pads were gone in the front and back has maybe 10k left on it. They also resurfaced the rotors because the car was shuddering a bit on braking. Seems to be fine now. I did wish the pads they put in would bit a bit more. Oh well guess ill jsut have to wait till the rears need to be replaced.