Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   squeaky clutch??? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/91208-squeaky-clutch.html)

JimBlake 09-18-2003 07:19 AM

It doesn't have to be the actual throw-out bearing spinning that makes the noise. When you work the clutch (even with the engine turned off) the T-O bearing slides in & out on a tube surrounding the input shaft. That tube might need some grease, or maybe it's the pivot of the T-O fork that needs grease.

It can also be the master or slave cylinders, but I think that would sound different?

99GSRbeerman 09-18-2003 12:50 PM

so what do i do...if lube how do i get to it?

JimBlake 09-19-2003 06:48 AM

Some possibilities are bad news...

1) The piston rod in the slave cylinder. Open the rubber boot at the slave, & open the smaller accordion-type boot on the piston rod. Grease inside there.

2) Ball & socket end of that rod. The outer end of that piston rod is a ball that sits in a socket on the throw-out fork. Grease that.

3) Ball/Pivot of the shift fork. That's a short distance inside the bellhousing. It's kinda hard to get to, maybe get some grease on a long slender tool of some kind. I wouldn't spray grease all over in there, because you don't want to grease up your clutch plate.

4) Sliding surfaces of the throw-out bearing itself. That's the tube I'm talking about above. I don't think you can get to this without removing the transmission...

Shore 96 Teg 09-21-2003 05:34 PM

Originally posted by JimBlake
Some possibilities are bad news...

1) The piston rod in the slave cylinder. Open the rubber boot at the slave, & open the smaller accordion-type boot on the piston rod. Grease inside there.

2) Ball & socket end of that rod. The outer end of that piston rod is a ball that sits in a socket on the throw-out fork. Grease that.

3) Ball/Pivot of the shift fork. That's a short distance inside the bellhousing. It's kinda hard to get to, maybe get some grease on a long slender tool of some kind. I wouldn't spray grease all over in there, because you don't want to grease up your clutch plate.

4) Sliding surfaces of the throw-out bearing itself. That's the tube I'm talking about above. I don't think you can get to this without removing the transmission...

What he said = too much damn work for a squeak. Turn up your radio :oh: :rolleyes:

99GSRbeerman 09-22-2003 05:47 AM

what happens if i leave it?

JimBlake 09-22-2003 09:16 AM

If you leave it I hope it'll keep squeaking for a really long time before it does any real damage to itself.

I've greased the stuff I can reach without removing the transmission. That's #1, 2, & sorta #3. That made it better, but not completely gone. Now I'm waiting for my clutch to wear out; in the meantime I turn up the stereo...

OregonHusker 09-22-2003 03:02 PM

Re: squeaky clutch???

Originally posted by 99GSRbeerman
i have a 99 gsr with 63k miles on it. from what i know i think its the orig clutch. when i push the clutch pedal in or out somthin squeaks. it dosnt matter if the car is on or off. it also dosnt do it all the time. god its so f-in anoying:mad:
what is it????????:confused:

A few years ago mine squeaked everytime I stepped on it. I sprayed some silicon spray on the cylinder and it hasn't squeaked since.

XSrcing 09-22-2003 03:54 PM

integra clutch master cylinders are notorious for leaking. and usually when they start leaking, they start squeeking. my last integra did it, and the one i have now does it. as does my friends.