Notices

bang for my buck

Old 08-29-2003, 08:58 AM
gsrclan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by jung4g
Amen, Throw in some H&R or Eibach springs and some Koni adjustables, and some strut braces, and type-r sway bars and you'll be super happy..

Jung

I'll second that. Do the swaybar first, one of the best mods in handeling dept. cost: $130 with BSQ kit.
Old 08-29-2003, 09:27 AM
AciDKinG95LS
SOLD THE ALLUM. WING!!!!

how many miles does your gsr have? im sure it could take a nice 55 shot and it wouldn't even faze it. Nitrous is most definitely the best bang for your buck. And, you could even install it yourself. However, read about nitrous before making a decision. Alot of people talk alot shit when it comes to nitrous, without a whole lot of experience. People say "you'll blow your engine." But the people that blow there engines are the ones that use it all the time and fry their rings. Those people have no experience or know how. I know people that have been running 55, 75 shots for years without any problems. If done correctly and maintained, it is without a doubt the most bang for your buck.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:02 AM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

everyone says nitrous is safe if done correctly.

to me the only way do it "correctly" is to have the motor rebuilt with new forged pieces.

since we all talk about doing it correctly, why not for once say

how to run nitrious correctly.

and don't tell me, "Don't juice it a lot."

I've never run nitrous, this is an honest question.
-----
Old 08-29-2003, 12:02 PM
dubcac
I

Originally posted by Bumnah
everyone says nitrous is safe if done correctly.

to me the only way do it "correctly" is to have the motor rebuilt with new forged pieces.

since we all talk about doing it correctly, why not for once say

how to run nitrious correctly.

and don't tell me, "Don't juice it a lot."

I've never run nitrous, this is an honest question.

I have said it many times on this board. The main problem with nitrous is that either people try to run too much nitrous, don't have the proper tuning, or are just plain stupid while using it....ie hitting the rev limiter, which cuts fuel but the nitrous still sprays because they are at WOT....kaboom. I've said it many times, and I'll say it again...nitrous doesn't kill motors, stupid people running nitrous kill motors.
Old 08-29-2003, 01:57 PM
slickboy
ECHC junkee

Originally posted by Bumnah
$800 bucks...

springs and shocks... that's about it, and that's where you'll feel your $800 working.

suspension first place to start, needs the most help on a stock car.
W3RD! Eibach Pro-Kits and Koni Yellows. That'll run you about $800 after purchase and installation. Probably the best investment, other than an intake that you could do for your teg.