Notices

Street Racing

Old 08-24-2003, 10:43 AM
MS_Integra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Racing

This weekend I went to the street races in my home town. I took my integra out there to run a few times and see what it was made of. After beating a 300zx turbo, we all decided to go home after everyone had finished their runs for the night. Well, everyone but a LS1 equiped truck, the 300zx, and my integra had left. The truck left first, followed by my integra, and finally the 300zx. Well the 300zx went around me going about 90, and passed the truck close to 100. Then his car swerved. As the tires left the road, the car fliped nose over end. The impact broke his seat belt and threw him through the t-tops on his car. He landed on the ground in a ditch, with his car landing on his ankle.
Before you think about street racing, think about how much fun it is to have to listen to your friend scream while his ankle is trapped under a 300zx that you and your budies can't lift off him. Not to mention the slow ambulance service to that deserted road you race on. Just a thought on what can happen in a car. From now on I'm only racing on a track and my next investment is a rollcage and 4 point harness.

MS_Integra
Old 08-24-2003, 11:13 AM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good to see you learned your lesson...I hope.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:40 AM
Co0lDood
[ATP]ATL

yeah.. sorry to hear that.. but most of the people on this forum are well aware and we keep it mostly on the track..
Old 08-24-2003, 01:52 PM
Xymox007
Björkian

Wow. He's lucky to be alive.

It was a beautiful day (74º & Sunny) and I couldn't resist dropping the windows and ripping through some country back roads at speeds well above the posted speed limit. After 45 minutes I realized how dangerous it was for me to be rolling through nearly blind 25 mph turns at 60 mph+. Sure the likely hood of any other motorists being on that road was slim to none, but imagine if I apex'ed a corner and side-swiped a motorcyclist coming the opposite direction at 60 mph+. Once it registered with my brain I decided to end my afternoon drive.

Be careful out there.
Old 08-24-2003, 02:22 PM
Spec R

thats what i think too when i go beyond the speed limit..my conscious just catches up with me...

luckily your friend is alive.

as for that roll cage, make sure u pad that sucker up. cars dont roll over in most accidents, so rollcages can do more damage than prevention (think head to cage contact at high speed), in most cases at least.
Old 08-24-2003, 06:04 PM
MS_Integra

It was a bad night for everyone. Amazingly his ankle was not broken, only cut. The only worry now is internal bleeding and his cracked skull. I still can't believe it wasn't even a race. I've flipped an SUV before and I know how scary it is. I walked away without a single scratch. I'm just happy his seat belt broke.

On the good side I found out my Integra is running really fast for an LS special. Now I just gotta take it to a track and get actual time slips. The only problem is in Mississippi its hard to find a good track, much less one that isn't full of big block V8s and old rednecks. I just want to run cars in my class, but I'll race anyone.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:17 PM
BonzoAPD

Originally posted by RB
good to see you learned your lesson...I hope.
:werd: It just sucks to see that a horrible thing like this has to happen before people realize the evils of street racing.