Notices

Dh-racing "Space age" Intake Manifold

Old 08-11-2003, 07:45 AM
Dennis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dh-racing "Space age" Intake Manifold

Here's something I've been looking at that seems pretty nice. I emailed the seller, and he is claiming I will gain "around 30, but more likely 40 whp using this intake manifold with any throttle body".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=36474

here is a quote from the auction:

Through our design we have created a manifold that will not only leave you with more then one street/strip option but it will also never heat up and will direct charge your cylinder head with high flowing cold air. By using a pure space age composite material design we have overcome the flaw in the average intake manifold setup. Through testing we have found this new space age composite material to have the same tensil strength as aluminum without holding in heat. Through doing this your motor will not recieve the same warm air most manifolds on the market provide, thus meaning more power. For every 11 degrees decrease in intake manifold temperature it has been proven that you will see 3-1% HP increase. Manifold is flow designed and ported for maximum airflow. This manifold is guaranteed to outflow and out perform any and all intake manifolds on the market.

It's a bit pricey, $300 for just the runners, then another $250 for the plenum, but if it really does what it says it might be worth looking into. They also sell a 68mm TB that will "Complete This Power Package".

Has anybody had any experience with this place(www.dh-racing.com) or this particular manifold? What kind of gains am I really likely to see if I get one of these? And would a 68mm TB be overkill? (My car has i/h/e)

Thanks,
Dennis
Old 08-11-2003, 09:03 AM
3 plus 1

I dunno. Looks kinda like a gimmic to me, but I might be wrong.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:52 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

You won't see 30hp from any intake manifold while still Naturally Aspirated and running stock internals. I'd save your money.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 08-11-2003, 12:09 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

that manifold looks better suited for turbo applications.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:29 AM
Spec R

Originally posted by Snoopy
that manifold looks better suited for turbo applications.
Unless its the ITB setup....mmmm ITB's
Old 08-12-2003, 09:47 AM
qtiger

Bleh... looks like someone took a cheap set of ITB runners and slapped an airbox on. I'd go with the Victor-X instead of the plenum version, and TWMs instead of the ITB version.

TWM's setup is ~$2000, but it comes with a new set of injectors in any size you want, along with fuel rail and FPR., all in -6 fittings.

You can plainly see the quality difference.