Notices

integra bodykit pics

Old 07-10-2002, 02:38 PM
azenplayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default integra bodykit pics

i have a question.....if i get a body kit for my integra..do i tell my insurance that i got a body kit? what would happen if someone stole my aftermarket black widow front bumper? will insurance pay for it? what would happen if someone hit my rear bumper and destroyed it? will insurance pay to buy me a NEW black widow rear bumper? or does insurance not cover aftermarket body kit and wheels? thanks

www.cardomain.com
Old 07-10-2002, 02:42 PM
TheRooster
Former Senior Member

Default Re: integra bodykit pics

Originally posted by azenplayer
i have a question.....if i get a body kit for my integra..do i tell my insurance that i got a body kit? what would happen if someone stole my aftermarket black widow front bumper? will insurance pay for it? what would happen if someone hit my rear bumper and destroyed it? will insurance pay to buy me a NEW black widow rear bumper? or does insurance not cover aftermarket body kit and wheels? thanks

www.cardomain.com
Most insurance companies will pay you out the going rate for a used integra bumper (or new if they can't find one in the area) and the calculated cost of labor to paint and install it at a body shop. What you decide to do with that money is your own business. If you want aftermarket items insured, you have to claim them as special equipment through your agent.
Old 07-10-2002, 03:12 PM
integramodder

if you dont tell them, they will give you money for the cost of a NEW bumper from the dealer along with paint since they probably wont be avaliable in any color anymore and in labor.
thatlll probably run you around 500-800 depeding on the shop they get a quote at.

what you then do, is go online, spend 250 on the bumper, 100 for paint, and the rest on mods.

Every insurance policy is different, call your company and ask them what would it cost to insure your new front bumper, if you can keep your name disclosed (that way they cant note your account).