DRAG 3 TURBO for gs-r

Old 07-13-2002, 05:50 PM
SiR-G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did u have to da a team buy thingy to get that price??? cuz thats dirt cheap
Old 07-13-2002, 06:25 PM
kcteggy

can this kit efficient for daily driving too? I think I am interested.
Also, is it cost alot to put together? Where I live, hardly any shop that good at putting after market parts or tuning. Shops like Midaz or dealership. Sux though.
Old 07-13-2002, 08:23 PM
Stealth 95 GS-R
TROGDOR the BURNiNATOR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you join HT, you get 10% off importparts.com prices too. I think its only an HT memeber group buy to get the $2700 or $2800 price. I'm just saving up. The turbo upgrade, by the way, is from a T3/T04B to a T3/T04E, either different trim or different A/R housing, I forgot.

-Andrew

EDIT: depends on what you want for a daily driver. My cousin's friend has a GSR with a Greddy kit that he drives year round, even in the winter snow. If you are a decent mechanic, you could install the turbo yourself, and get a shop to drill and tap your oil pan for the return line, or buy an aftermarket pan that already has a hole for it. If you are going to have a shop do it, make sure they know what they are doing, find a shop with good experience.

-Andrew

Last edited by Stealth 95 GS-R; 07-13-2002 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-14-2002, 05:47 AM
kcteggy

I read the post on greddy v. drag kit. I see more recomendation on greddy kit for daily driver. But I like the drag kit due to the power and cost about the same. I just want to know if it's good to use the drag kit for daily driven or it's a big No No.
I am about to buy header and exhaust, but if I plan to put on turbo, I will hold off the header since it's not necessary. I already have PRM intake and I will have to let it go too if I decide to go turbo. Now it's just the type of kit that I have to make decision.
Thanx
Old 07-14-2002, 12:04 PM
Stealth 95 GS-R
TROGDOR the BURNiNATOR

well, it doesn't matter really. The bigger turbo on the Drag kit might not be what you want for a daily driver because of the longer spool up times. Other than that, the Drag is probably a little better, I heard the wastegate really sucks in the Greddy kit, something about a flapper valve. I was just chatting with a friend at the local Hondata dealership about it.

-Andrew
Old 07-14-2002, 01:26 PM
kcteggy

THanks Andrew,
oh I have a question for you. I saw you have short shifter in your sig. Did you put it in your self? I have the same model of your car. I have the shifter kit but without instruction. The company said I have to get it professionally install. I checked out Chilton but haven't find the model for the car yet.
I got the console out, but something like I have to get underneath the car to do the work right? I have another person to help me, but it seem like extremely difficult. I have no idea how to take off the stock shifter.
Thanks
Old 07-14-2002, 07:51 PM
SpoonedDC2

Default Turbo in California

im considering buying a turbo kit for my '01 GS-R...i want the Drag 3 kit...pretty much all im worried about is...being able to save enough money, and Smogging my car.
My question is to the people in California w/ Turbo... what do you guys have to do to get your car to pass smog.
i know the greddy kit is smog legal, but doesnt it become non- smog legal once a FMIC and BOV are added? Smogging my car is pretty much the only thing that is keeping me from turbo... kind of a lame question..but yah, thanks for the help..peace.
Old 07-15-2002, 04:02 AM
DrugTeg

Originally posted by kcteggy
THanks Andrew,
oh I have a question for you. I saw you have short shifter in your sig. Did you put it in your self? I have the same model of your car. I have the shifter kit but without instruction. The company said I have to get it professionally install. I checked out Chilton but haven't find the model for the car yet.
I got the console out, but something like I have to get underneath the car to do the work right? I have another person to help me, but it seem like extremely difficult. I have no idea how to take off the stock shifter.
Thanks
Its easy man i jusyt put my skunk2 short shift on my 95 gsr....look for the post about it in this forum..there should be one about short shift help or something like that...that may help you more...
Old 07-15-2002, 10:04 AM
Stealth 95 GS-R
TROGDOR the BURNiNATOR

Originally posted by kcteggy
THanks Andrew,
Thanks
I didn't do it myself, cuz I was getting my clutch done at the same time, so I just let them do it, it was free. My cousin did it on his friends car, they said it was easy, one person under the car (you have to unbolt the exhaust, or just move it out of the way if you can) to slide the shifer in, and one person on top to hold it in place and drink a beer (my cousin's words). I'd scan the instructions, but the shop trashed everything. It's not that hard really. There are a couple import magazines that tell you how to install short shifters, see if you can find one.

-Andrew
Old 07-15-2002, 11:20 AM
Etylorcen
Turbo Mafia Soldier

http://www.importparts.com/dragspecial0702.html

Turbo upgrade? Most of the kits come w/ a t3/t04e. I know the gsr does for sure. I believe the b16 kit comes with a t3/t04b.

Quick Reply: DRAG 3 TURBO for gs-r