Greddy Turbo kit Vs. Drag turbo kits

Old 07-10-2002, 09:03 PM
98redgsr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what boost are those dyno's at?
Old 07-11-2002, 04:50 AM
newgsrdriver

Ill be honest...no dyno's are really truthful that are put out by manufacturers. 260whp from a stock Drag kit is a VERY good number...you usually wont achieve that.
Old 07-11-2002, 06:58 PM
LudeRage

Exactly right. The RevHard Stage 3 Kit states 550+hp but how many people squeeze that much out of it? Probably close to none..
Old 07-12-2002, 09:57 AM
98redgsr

i got the drag kit it came on thursday, thanx for all the help. it took me a month to get it.
Old 07-13-2002, 12:28 PM
integramodder

tell us how it goes, :thumbup:
Old 07-13-2002, 04:47 PM
Etylorcen
Turbo Mafia Soldier

Originally posted by LudeRage
Okay soooo...what turbo kit is better than RevHard's? I didn't hear any of your "research".
Ok the drag 3 kit and revhard stage 2 kit are almost identical. The rev hard has painted steel piping where as the drag has chrome. RH uses a msd fuel pump whereas drag uses an airtex. RH has a vortech bov and drag uses a hks ssq. The revhard has an oversized FMIC vs drag's large one. Both use their respective manifolds and both use a t3/t04e turbo. Also drag's kit comes with an intake pipe and filter whereas RH uses a mess screen which will damage the fins on your turbo over time. Now tell me what makes RH's turbo kit so good and what would cause it to make anywhere near twice as much hp as drag's kit. Both kits cost relatively the same. The stage 3 isnt even a complete kit. Its meant to run with a fuel management system that is not included and still needs injectors. Keep your mouth shut and stop spewing out misinformation.
Old 07-14-2002, 09:06 AM
LudeRage

I never said the Stage 3 Kit came with all you needed, did I fag? On the website it says "To be used with a fuel management system". I was merely saying that RevHard's Stage 3 Kit is the most powerful turbo package I've seen on the market, especially compared to Greddy's and the DragGen. If you're going to go all out speed, why not spend five grand or so if you're going to get over twice the put-out of a Greddy or DragGen that still costs you 3 grand?
Old 07-14-2002, 12:59 PM
newgsrdriver

If you want to go all out speed, you'll forget this kit sh*t and go with a custom setup.
Old 07-14-2002, 01:30 PM
Etylorcen
Turbo Mafia Soldier

Ok first of all grow the **** up. I never said that you said the stage 3 was a complete kit im just stating the fact. Since we ARE talking about turbo kits here. You still think that you can run a car w/ the stage3. You gotta add on a lot to that 4500 price tag to get the car running with that kit which will be a lot more than 5 grand. And where do you get this twice the power over a drag kit. The drag kit and RH stage 2 kits are more than you'll ever need to get power from. Upgrading the wastegate and downpipe would be one of the few things I would change from both kits. Maybe if you fully tune and upgrade everything you could pull off twice the power over the greddy non-intercooled kit. You obviously know nothing about turbos and tuning. You still havent even stated why you "think" the stage 3 is so great.
Anyhow....I agree with newgsr....custom all the way for a full out race setup. Kits are nice so you dont have to make those million trips to the local hardware store for misc. parts.
Old 07-15-2002, 03:34 PM
integramodder

Originally posted by Etylorcen
Anyhow....I agree with newgsr....custom all the way for a full out race setup. Kits are nice so you dont have to make those million trips to the local hardware store for misc. parts.
Yea... i constantly hear that the ecko civic or venom teg has a RH kit it in :doh:

Etylorcen knows a lot about turbos. Im surprised he isnt a mod in the FI forum on H-T. Since Ive had questions about turbos, he's always been able to answer my questions...

Quick Reply: Greddy Turbo kit Vs. Drag turbo kits