Notices

96 Ls Issues. . .

Old 05-21-2011, 10:20 PM
ReaperOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Ls Issues. . .

Still working out the kinks in my teggy, now it is running fine, but I have 3 issues that I cant figure out for the life of me. . .

1. My car is running too rich, get a CEL every day with code P072 system running too rich bank 1

what would cause this and how can I get it to balance out. I was told that my aftermarket fuel rail alone would not cause the car to run rich, so any other input would be greatly appreciated. . .

2. My ABS light comes on randomly at start of car. . . will start and light will be off, will get gas and start the car again and the light comes on and stays, then get off of work and on some days it is on and others it is off. . . what would cause this and how do I go about checking the sensors ( location and weather they are bad). . . I hate lights on my dash that I didn't put there. . .

3. I have this irritating rattling noise when I accelerate only. . . hit the gas and the rattling begins, take my foot of the gas and it stops. was told by a buddy that it was a bad gasket between the header and cat, changed it and still there. . . also had a bad CV boot so changed front driver side axel, but noise still there. . . I bought the gasket for cat to exhaust hoping that changing this will get rid of the rattle(haven't got around to the change yet though), which sounds like its coming from the rear of the car. . . any ideas as to what the cause could be? ? ?

If I can get rid of these issues, will have a perfect running car. . . Please advise. . .

Last edited by ReaperOne; 05-21-2011 at 10:21 PM.