Notices

What mod to get next???

Old 07-06-2002, 07:27 PM
LRGsR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you guys think about getting a Apexi VTEC control next? Would this be a helpful mod to get with just I/H/E? Or does it even matter?
Old 07-06-2002, 07:51 PM
XSrcing

stop bickering guys, he asked what mod he should put on next, not how much hp he will get to the wheels with an intake or underdrive pulley's. so answer his question or shutup.

you should get the carsound cat. the gs-r intake manifold will flow plenty good nough for you until you slap in some good lumpy cams and larger TB. after the cat, get some adjustable cam gears, then cams, and if you can, have them tuned on a dyno.
Old 07-06-2002, 09:25 PM
pomansouth

ok the way you electronics gets screwed is by your alternator not charging the battery enough because the alternator isnt spinning enough to produce enough charge to put into the battery at idle. aem are probably advertising the hp increases for most cars not just hondas and acuras but also for nissans and all of the other makes and when they average the hp increase btween all of the cars they put that as the hp increase it will do to your car. but in the case of a honda where the pulleys are just perfect to squeeze out that little last drop of horses without having to spend money on like titanium pulleys or something lighter then steel the aem pulleys will affect a honda engine in more worse ways then good ways so they are of hardly any benefit to a honda engine. as to if you have a nissan 240sx or something like that where they dont really spend much time making perfect sized pulleys or anything like that so if you bought a set of pulleys then you would get probably like 7 or 8 whp but you never know until you try it huh.
Old 07-06-2002, 09:49 PM
XSrcing

Originally posted by pomansouth
ok the way you electronics gets screwed is by your alternator not charging the battery enough because the alternator isnt spinning enough to produce enough charge to put into the battery at idle. aem are probably advertising the hp increases for most cars not just hondas and acuras but also for nissans and all of the other makes and when they average the hp increase btween all of the cars they put that as the hp increase it will do to your car. but in the case of a honda where the pulleys are just perfect to squeeze out that little last drop of horses without having to spend money on like titanium pulleys or something lighter then steel the aem pulleys will affect a honda engine in more worse ways then good ways so they are of hardly any benefit to a honda engine. as to if you have a nissan 240sx or something like that where they dont really spend much time making perfect sized pulleys or anything like that so if you bought a set of pulleys then you would get probably like 7 or 8 whp but you never know until you try it huh.
:bs: the change in ratios would not be enough to affect the output of your alternator. maybe you will drop half a volt at idle, but once the revs rise, so will the voltage. infactthe alternator will start producing too much voltage, eevn with the new pulleys, but that is where the voltage ragulator comes into play. and i do know from experience that underdrive pulleys do not cause problems unless you replece the harmonic balancer.
Old 07-07-2002, 03:28 AM
TriDawg
Action Packed Snacks

:boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink: :boink:
Old 07-07-2002, 05:32 AM
StyleTEG
Make me an offer

Pulley set = crap

Posted By Mike Delaney

I've dyno'd a set of AEM p/s & a/c underpullies on my car personally...it made notta....

I have witnessed people complain of premature engine failure and oil pump failure and they had the UR crank underpulley. Cause and effect? I can't prove that the UR underpulley directly caused the failure since the damage would occur over time and over a long duration. I don't play with fire and avoid any chance of knowingly risk my engine...there are better and safer ways of making 4-6 whp...I'm just sharing my experience and opinion...anyone can do whatever they want.

I wouldn't get a crank underpulley for looks because I believe that losing the stock crank pulley as a hramonic balancer is harmful to the life of the engine.
Old 07-07-2002, 10:15 AM
LudeRage

Hmm you think pulleys are dangerous yet you think nitrous is perfectly safe? I don't understand you StyleTEG..I just don't understand you...maybe it's cuz you're silly!!!
Old 07-07-2002, 04:42 PM
jgrotkier
AIM SN: Johann14420

Originally posted by LudeRage
Hmm you think pulleys are dangerous yet you think nitrous is perfectly safe? I don't understand you StyleTEG..I just don't understand you...maybe it's cuz you're silly!!!
there is nothing wrong with that....it makes perfect sense
Old 07-07-2002, 06:16 PM
StyleTEG
Make me an offer

There is a difference between upseting the harmonic ballance of your engine, and more air in your cylinders.

You are compairing apples to pizza.

No need to bring other threads into this one, that post had no relevance to this thread.
Old 07-07-2002, 06:24 PM
LudeRage

You're right..but this isn't a courtroom and we can talk about certain things in any thread. I wasn't trying to start another posting on nitrous, honestly I'm sick of it...I just thought it was interesting how you thought pulleys put more stress on the engine than nitrous..I certainly understand how they affect the engine in different ways..but of course, wear and tear on the engine is wear and tear on the engine. That is all StyleTEG.

Quick Reply: What mod to get next???