Notices

boost gauge vent location

Old 04-26-2003, 06:35 AM
anatolia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost gauge vent location

on my gsr with vortech supercharger i can place the boost gauge hose right off the blower and pick up the pressure it makes between it and all the intercooling plumbing up to the throttle body. when it's WOT the pressures inside the intake manifold and before the thottle butterfly should be the same. when connecting the boost hose to the manifold directly i'm of course getting vacuum until the boost overcomes it - my vacuum at idle (most likely the highest neg. pressure i'll see) is 21-22 lbs. now for the question : i havent pushed it to the full comparison test as it's all still new , but the boost in the manifold doesnt reach 0 until 4500-5000 rpm then above that i can see 7 - maybe more like i said if i push it - but when mounted to the other side it starts at 0 and i see 12's when i'm on it just as much. A. am i losing pressure due to inter cooler plumbing? B. am i just reading back pressure as the blower trys to push air through the plumbing and C. is it typical to receive a lower number inside the manifold rather than before the throttle body (due to the vacuum) which is the prefferable location to measure boost pressure ? anatolia