Notices

door gap adjustment?

Old 04-19-2003, 02:26 PM
intgrboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door gap adjustment?

I've got a 96 Integra sedan, the drivers door closes completely, but it is about 5mm jutting out, like it isn't completely closed. I thought I had heard that there was something that you could do to adjust this. When I approach the car, it looks like the door wasn't closed all the way and its annoying.

Any help is appreciated! thanks...
Old 04-19-2003, 02:45 PM
FromTheBottom
Driver of Trains

I have the same problem on my 99 Civic coupe. I think this was addressed once, and you should take the door off and try to have it align better, but I can't recall now. Help!!
Old 04-19-2003, 08:01 PM
MikeR

you would be able to adjust it with door on the car, i haven't had that prob yet but i have seen it on other makes and models, i've been able to fix it by adj. the latch mech. the bolts usually back out or loosen up causing the latch to get pushed back into the door frame causing this, look for loose bolts on latch where it strikes the line up pin, or check for wear on the pin itself it should be u shaped mounted mid way up in door jam
Old 04-20-2003, 08:50 AM
reno96teg

you adjust the U shaped hook (or whatever it's called) that the door latches to. there are 2 screws. you unscrew them, adjust the hook so it lines up with the vertical and horizontal middle marks next to the hook, then tighten the screws. the end. what's this about taking the door off? :slap: