Notices

First Car, Oh joy!

Old 04-16-2003, 11:31 AM
BonzoAPD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go for it man, just make sure to get it checked out by a mechanic. 92 GSR's are rare and you may not get a good deal on it. Also, insurance on a GSR will be more.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:50 AM
STEALTH_GSR

Wait....... is it salvaged?????? I think that's why the price is so low :dunno:
Old 04-16-2003, 12:12 PM
Erikku
WantToGet.TEG!!!

I have checked Cars.com, Acura Dealer, CarsDirect, eBay.. still no 94 GSR. Or atleast one that isn't 800 miles away, and manual.

If I do find one that is perfect, but automatic. Do you think it'll be worth getting?
Old 04-16-2003, 07:29 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

There's no such thing as a GSR with an automatic transmission. They were never sold in this country.

There were a total of maybe 3,000 1992 and 1993 GSR's sold, so you're not going to find that many of them especially in an area out in the middle of nowhere such as yours.

You can also check out autotrader.com and see if there's anything for sale.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:09 PM
LudeRage

Originally posted by Erikku
Question: Gen2 is 90-93 correct?
I mean, I would buy someone's used 90'GS but I really need something that'll run well.
I won't flame you (because I know what you meant) but for the record, the age of the car has less bearing on its reliability than the miles on the engine and how its been taken care of. You might want to look into a nice G2, preferably from an older adult (who bought it brand new a decade ago) and doesn't have too many miles. For instance, a 94 or 95 might be 2 or 3 or 4 years newer than a 2ndGen but it could have just as many miles and been constantly ragged on by a fairly young driver who's just looking to get rid of it. Just keep your options open and don't become too set on just buying this car or even just buying an Integra (I recommend it though).
Before I bought my car a few months ago, I had been looking at cars I might buy for 2 years. My first thought was actually an Integra...than Eclipses, Civics, Old School RX7's, etc. and when I bought the Teg I had just been set on getting a 91 Supra non-turbo for weeks. This is just me jabbering my two cents, but my point is : don't become set on buying this car...or the next one that comes along or the next one. Check them out...keep your options open...but don't do something you might regret after all your money's gone.
Old 04-18-2003, 07:25 AM
Princeza

Originally posted by XSrcing
dont rush. if it takes longer than a month and a week to find the car you really want, wait. you will be happy with the decision.
I totally agree. don't throw money around I saved close to $3k buying my car because I put 3 month's research into it.
I bought it new too, so it was a pretty major saving.
Goodluck! and drive safe
Old 04-19-2003, 08:12 PM
Erikku
WantToGet.TEG!!!

That cheap Teg was sold finally, I rather not ask the guy how. He was alittle odd

I have been looking more on Cars.com , and wow, the closest GSR for sale there is in Des Monies. (130 miles away). I go there once a month to see finally anyways, but yeah. Link if you care: http://www.cars.com/search/used/cc/s...onal&src=&cid=

I am still looking on eBay Motors, some nice tegs but no one is near the Midwest. I still have some time. I will get my lisense on June 13th (yes, my Lis. on Friday the 13th, OH YEAH!).

I have also wondered if waiting for a GSR is even worth it, I could just get a LS or some Automatic. I know I am still a noob driver, so alot of people recomend the Auto. But Manual is Manual :fawk:

But, Let us remember our best friend Insurrance. My parents said they would pay it, and to be honest they have great records (mom has had 1 crash ever), and they are 50 and 52 years old, so that lowwers it. If anyone could go to progessive or something and find a rate for:
50 year old male, no accidents, Omaha-NE-USA, on a 94 GSR and then a 94 LS, I would highly appretiete it. I have a parental block on here due to my brother ( ), so I can't.

If anyone sees a '94 GSR Teg, PM me. Or give me some more tips to search for a car.
Old 04-20-2003, 05:12 PM
Erikku
WantToGet.TEG!!!

Another new car, it is a LS and is extremely close to where I live (living in Nebraska).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=5335

Some scratchs, tad bit rust. But I could fix that all I am sure. Is it worth saving all that money on a LS instead of a GSR?
Old 04-20-2003, 08:17 PM
LudeRage

You'll really go crazy if you dwell on actually buying EVERY Integra you see that is in your price range. I think finding your car is like finding that special girl You'll just know when you see her and have to buy her. haha...
Old 04-23-2003, 05:49 AM
deezz nutz

Default im willing to sell my gs

well lets see. Im 17, had the car since jan. drive it bout 20 miles a day. its a 90 gs , the engine is a 93 with less than 60000 miles. The car reads 127k(which is still a lil for a 90) original color was a grayish blue, right now its in primer. I got it for 4500. (really cheap for what it had put in it)
5 speed

full body kit agresor in front, bomb in back(i think ),
17'' chromes.
intake,
headers,
clear corner lights
xplode cd player
3 10'' jl audio (did not come wit the car, but ill leave them in for u)
custum interior, white, with blue.
seats are in perfect conditions. ONE stain in the middle of the back rug.
new reverse gauges (the new ones)(put in bouta week ago)
street glow pads
racing springs,
new front tires
alteza lights
rear wing(not stock)

right now i cant sell because im doing body work. custum doors, molded body kit, (including side skirts) custume shaved trunk, i am looking for automatic door popers also. I am going to paint it a metalic orange, and get it sponsered to take it to shows. am also dropping the front bout half an inch more. the car has never been wrecked. it can be done in less than a month if you want it right now.

let me know if u like it, right now i have no pictures, but email me and i can send u some. i can also paint it the color you want, just let me know. anyone else that is interested can also email me.
email me here or email me here