Notices

my free 95 GSR, fixing issues..

Old 08-19-2010, 09:08 AM
ReaperOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spec R made it fool proof. . . Just feel for it, it is a box with a little square button in the middle of it. . . If it is not there, you may want to visit a junk yard and pick one up. . . it plugs right in and is attached to the plastic panel. . .

Here is a video if it helps. . .
Old 08-19-2010, 09:10 PM
TajMan

So, I found out a little more.
Engine burns oil during high revs.
You guys tell me I'm not the Honda engine expert, but I'm thinking its worn rings. I'm sure thats why it didn't pass emissions.

Today I sold another car, and someone saw the Integra and was very interested in buying it. With many body dents, a salvage title, a new battery, needing CV joint, and engine issue... what would you say the car is worth? $1,000 or $1,500 or better? 95 GSR 129K
Old 08-20-2010, 12:46 AM
ReaperOne

as for the oil burning, not sure, but you can take it to a smog repair station and have a computer diagnostic done on it. . . I did it and was told why my car didn't pass. . . it was $60 for the Diagnostic and $90 for them to fix it. . . Turned out to be it just needed a chemical clean and to fix a wire on my MAP sensor, but it was $150 well spent as I passed smog after that and before my car was considered a gross polluter in the state of CA. . . REALLY BAD ! ! !

As for what the car is worth, it depends on what the person is buying it for, but just being a GSR, I would think that its worth more than $1500.00, you can get that for the engine. . . www.kellybluebook.com can give you a good estimate as to what it is worth. . .
Old 08-20-2010, 05:12 AM
TajMan

Kelly bluebook is worthless here.
Yeah being a GSR car is worth over $4K with: good body/paint, good title, running normal
but, my car has bad body/paint, a salvage title, and an engine that prob. needs major repair to be tip-top, bad cv-axle.

If you think it really could be worth more than $1,500, then $2K would be the max for sure. I'll see the interest in Salt Lake, what I can actually get for it..
Old 08-20-2010, 07:56 AM
ReaperOne

You should list it for 2k or best offer, you should be able to get that especially if it is gonna be a project car as the engine will probably be rebuilt anyways, here in the Junk Yard a GSR engine goes for around close to 3k alone. . .

as for the title, that depends why it was salvaged, if it was just like a theft recovery , that that wont matter, but if it was in an accident, then it will depend on how bad. . .

body and paint should not be your concern as whoever is looking to buy it will see it and know that body and paint will be a must. . . other parts are normal wear and tear, but if you fix the little end stuff, you can maximize your sell. . . fix the axle prob and figure out why its burning oil, but then again. . . it was free to you, so what you can get for it how it is, still makes you $ $ $. . .
Old 08-20-2010, 10:27 AM
TajMan

Its for sale for $1800, someone should snag it quick.
Salvage title should be here in the mail any day now.
Previous owner backed out on deal we had made, so I just get half of the money from the sale anyway, but thats great.
I just bought a '95 Accord with a bad headgasket for $670, rebuilt head etc on its way so I can fix that now.

Last edited by TajMan; 08-29-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:47 AM
TajMan

I'd bet a bad headgasket is involved in the GSR's engine woes.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:48 AM
Lynxs1981

Head gaskets aren't usually a place to burn oil, unless it happens to be in the pressure galley; where oil under pressure goes from the block into the head. Your burning oil is due to rings, valve stem seals, or even something as simple as a bad pcv valve. A compression test will show if it's rings or valve seals.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:24 AM
TajMan

well, additional to that its got oil leaking down the side of the block coming from the headgasket..
Old 08-31-2010, 12:55 PM
Lynxs1981

Oooh, that's bad. But I still think it's not the gasket. There's many seals and gaskets on the head more likely to leak and run down and along the head gasket. Being MLS it wicks pretty much any fluid along the seams.