Notices

Jackson Blown People (GS-R)

Old 04-03-2003, 06:34 AM
AsadSRO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jackson Blown People (GS-R)

Hey, I about to aquire my GS-R. I have about $3000 to spend. I was debating whether to do everything but a supercharger, (it already has suspension, wheels, body work, sound, I/H/E).

My thing is reliablity. Most of the cars that I have seen with an aftermarket supercharge have blown up at one point or another. How safe would a Jackson Supercharger be???

Daily Driver Or Weekend?

BTW the car has 87,000 miles.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:43 AM
More&Faster

i would think it would be pretty reliable as long as you dont abuse it. make sure theres good oil in it at all times, and just keep an eye on your gauges, and youll be fine.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:22 AM
AsadSRO

Is the Jackson supercharger the same as the comptec for the S2000, in the sense of boost engaging as vtec kicks in???
Old 04-03-2003, 05:54 PM
jchcmax

You really have to spend that $3000 wisely. I've had my Jackson Racing supercharger for at least 28k miles. It was put on at 56k miles. Reliability has been good! Too bad to hear that you've seen other supercharged engines blown up. Basic needs for the Jackson Racing is a higher flow fuel pump, cooler spark plugs,and correct ignition timing-which is detailed in the directions. There are a lot more parts to compliment the Jackson Racing supercharger but that's up to you. What most people don't know is that the supercharger and alternator belts should be changed annually. This fact is not advertised, at least when I bought mine. My JRSC is doing well for now..
Is the Jackson supercharger the same as the comptec for the S2000, in the sense of boost engaging as vtec kicks in???
The boost is instantly recognized when the throttle is punched at any RPM, unlike turbo.
Old 04-03-2003, 06:55 PM
XSrcing

Originally posted by AsadSRO
these are two different types of compressors. the comptech is a centrifugal supercharger, and it works like a turbo. as RPM increases, so does boost.

an jackson racing supercharger is a positive-displacement supercherger. for every revolution it makes, it pushes a certain amount of air into the engine, no matter what the rpm. so you get much more of a low end grunt with the JRSC. another good thing with the JRSC is the boost bypass. when you are putting around town and not flooring it, boost the supercharger makes bypasses the engine, but once you put the engine under a load, the bypass closes and, viola, boost.
Old 04-03-2003, 09:11 PM
yeer
All Motor ONLY!!!!!!!

yes......one of the main reason why i got the jrsc is cuz of reliablity. also like the fact that im in vacuum 99% of the time i drive.

u dont get as much the topend like a turbo but u get plenty of low end and mid range power.

launching at the track with this thing is pretty tricky with street tires. i could only bang out a 2.41 60ft times with my kumhos and i was launching at 2500rpm.
Old 04-04-2003, 10:10 PM
STEALTH_GSR

AS scary as this may sound, you'll do better with nitrous, alot of people think nitrous ruins your enigne but it's not the nitrous, it's the tuner. If you run a reasonable jet sizing, keep your eye on your gauges> like suggested before, and make sure you're getting enough fuel, you'll do mid-low 14's with only $1,000 spent on the car.

By the way, I'm new around here, see ya around
Old 04-05-2003, 08:06 AM
Hua
Dalene Kurtis lover

I'll second the belt changes.

The JRSC just eats them up.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:17 AM
AsadSRO

Originally posted by STEALTH_GSR
AS scary as this may sound, you'll do better with nitrous, alot of people think nitrous ruins your enigne but it's not the nitrous, it's the tuner. If you run a reasonable jet sizing, keep your eye on your gauges> like suggested before, and make sure you're getting enough fuel, you'll do mid-low 14's with only $1,000 spent on the car.

By the way, I'm new around here, see ya around
I'm no stranger to n2o, but my problem is that i want a constant power, not something I have to keep getting filled up. I'd prefer not to squeeze.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:26 PM
ridewitme702

Default JRSC

I agree with you all that boost is a good thing but maybe not with a JRSC......I own one and was recently going to install it on a b16 until somebody gave me some info. JR puts a thin film of something on the inside of the supercharger dont know what, but because the rotors spin so closely to the edge it peels this film off. Where does it go straight into the engine needless to say not a very good design. I double checked and looked on mine, I goin turbo now.