Notices

Short Throw Shifter.

Old 03-30-2003, 07:38 PM
phawx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short Throw Shifter.

i just bought a short throw shifter, and i can't figure out how to remove the stock shifter. anyone know where i could find some info about this subject. Thanks. phawx
Old 03-30-2003, 08:51 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

Short Shifter Install

If you aren't already a member of Team-Integra, you'll need to register to see this install article.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:20 AM
teg_fan
I like integra's

Buy the repair manual, it will help you with any dissassembling or assembling you can possibly do to it. In short: Take off the plastic interior console around the shifter, 1st take the knob off. Then take off the boot and dust cover. Now under your jacked up car, take off the bolts that you see that attach the lever to the rod that goes all the way up to the transmission. Then, take off the bolts on the oval shaped plate that is around the shifter. Once you are under your car and see how it is setup, it won't be hard. Just take off all the bolts that are around it.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:47 AM
phawx

Originally posted by teg_fan
Buy the repair manual, it will help you with any dissassembling or assembling you can possibly do to it. In short: Take off the plastic interior console around the shifter, 1st take the knob off. Then take off the boot and dust cover. Now under your jacked up car, take off the bolts that you see that attach the lever to the rod that goes all the way up to the transmission. Then, take off the bolts on the oval shaped plate that is around the shifter. Once you are under your car and see how it is setup, it won't be hard. Just take off all the bolts that are around it.
i've got the repair manual, but i didnt find nothing intere about the 90 integ, only about 86-89. so yeah. hehe
Old 03-31-2003, 10:50 AM
91integrals
u r teh sux!!1!111!

g2ic.com for all your g2teg needs go to Teg Tips on main screen and then under the interior tab is a walkthrough... P.S. you may need to cut a big square hole in your heat-shield, depending how long your new short shifter is...

Good luck
Old 03-31-2003, 11:37 AM
teg_fan
I like integra's

Originally posted by phawx
i've got the repair manual, but i didnt find nothing intere about the 90 integ, only about 86-89. so yeah. hehe
That is because you need the repair manual for the 90-93 It tells you how to take off your stock shifter, and it did not say anything about a heat shield.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:13 PM
91integrals
u r teh sux!!1!111!

Originally posted by teg_fan
It tells you how to take off your stock shifter, and it did not say anything about a heat shield.
Just cuz it doesnt say anything about it, doesnt mean it doesnt exist

mine had one, had to cut huge square hole in it with a high rpm buzzer, you could prolly cut it with tin-snips that are nice and sharp too... word of advice, dont take it off, you can, but if you live in a generally hot climate, i wouldnt recommend it, had a few friends set fire to their cars and/or melt their floorboards...

correction: if you have one, you have to take it off to get out the shifter and place new one in, and b4 you take it out, i suggest you find a way to mark where the shifter is and cut maybe a 3x3 square hole, or something like that...