Notices

Head problems ??

Old 03-21-2010, 06:40 PM
8secHonda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head problems ??

I bought this 90 acura integra w a B18A1 that had been ran hot and Had water in the oil.. the car was not smoking or running to awful bad, i pulled the head and chkd it for any visible cracks and found none. so i replaced the head gasket and changed oil and i let it idle for at least thirty min or prolly longer.

the car ran hot... i figured the thermostat was stuck cause the hoses rad hoses was hard n seemd like water wasnt flowing. ( it was flowing when i first started it ) i replaced thermostat. again ran the car for 45 min or better idling. car was running great. heater was working great. ( this is important)

I thought hell yeah its fixed.. (yeah right) all the sudden the car starts running way over half way and the heater starts blowing cold and white smoke starts coming out the tail pipe.. wtf?? it was runnin so good and then went to this... it started idling bad rough and stalled... the rad hoses are hard once again.. shouldnt be hard like that w new thermo in it..

Is my head cracked or is there another problem im overlooking? sorry its so long but i wanted to include all the details.. thanks guys..
Old 03-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Lynxs1981

Did you check the surface of the head to be sure it's still square and not warped at all?
Old 04-02-2010, 06:10 AM
8secHonda

no didnt check that i prolly should have, i replaced everything from the rad cap to water pump drained system and flushed, i just ordered a new b18b1 head im going to swap the heads out the b1 head adds like 10 hp w the b1 cams installed..