Notices

How To: Deal With SRS Indicator

Old 03-16-2003, 08:24 PM
Josher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How To: Deal With SRS Indicator

I have a 96 Integra LS that I have started to do a bunch of audio and alarm related activities with. Recently, I added the hatch release option to my Alpine alarm. Problem is, my SRS Indicator light is now on. In order to access the Alpine Alarm to hook up the relay for the hatch, I had to remove the panel right below the steering wheel. Attached to this panel were 2 Sensors. One of the sensors is involved with resetting the Maint. Required Indicator. Now, I do NOT know what the 2nd sensor was for. I unplugged it in order to get the panel entirely out of the way. When I was finished, I plugged it back in, and now the Airbag (SRS) Indicator light is on. I've checked all my fuses (the two fuse boxes), disconnected the battery, but no luck. I've read that the Airbag (SRS) system is equipped so that if the battery is severed in an accident, there is a backup power supply that will still deploy the airbags. I wonder if leaving the battery disconnected for a few hours would help this? I'll try this tommorrow. Does anybody else have any idea as to what could be wrong? From my Haynes manual, it doesn't seem like the mysterious 2nd sensor is at all related to the SRS System. If anyone can help or needs more info. to help, let me know. I know that I could visit an Acura dealership, but I really would prefer to solve this problem myself. Its just that SRS info. is extremely limited no matter where I look. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:39 PM
BustedLX
Rice Rocket

Your going to have to take it to an Acura dealer to have a diagnostic run on the SRS System. They'll charge an hour labor about $67.00 and then they'll let you know what the problem is.

It is possible you interupted the signal between the bag and the SRS module. That would trigger a trouble code and disable the SRS system. It would need to be reset by the dealer to enable the system and remove the trouble code.

When they run a diagnostic on the system they can also reset the system for you. Unless they are real a$$holes they won't charge you they'll just inculded in the one hour labor.

Just make sure you haven't unplugged any inertia switches or any yellow loomed harnesses. If you have, plug everything back together and go to the dealer.

Good Luck
Old 03-26-2003, 06:28 PM
Josher

Default SRS

Yes, my unplugging the fuse did cause the light to come on. After a lot of research, I managed to find a way to reset the SRS. There were NOT many sites that stated how to reset the SRS. The few that existed lacked details. I however, have my own site which I have posted how to reset the SRS IF you have unplugged a harness or fuse involved with your airbag system. Visit

http://www.geocities.com/myintegra96/srs.html[/URL]

for the reset instructions. BELIEVE me, it works. I did it on my 96 Integra and am pleased to say that it worked. ANY questions, IM me or email me.

GOOD Luck everyone
Old 07-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Josher

Hi Everyone,

Several years ago I researched how to reset the SRS light on my 96 Integra LS. It took forever for me to find, but I eventually found and figured it out. At that time, I made a website with pictures and directions. Since then, my site has had over 2,000 visitors and I have received numerous emails and questions through AIM.

I just finished updating the site with more pictures and Adobe Acrobat PDF files that can be downloaded and printed, that give the directions. I'd like to know what everyone thinks. Also, if you used these directions on your car and they worked for you, let me know.

The site is:

http://www.geocities.com/myintegra96/srs.html

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:48 PM
foot

When the SRS control unit senses low voltage the SRS light comes on. If you change your battery, the SRS light will come on.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Josher

I've NEVER seen my SRS light come on due to changing or disconnecting the battery. I have also had my car with low voltage (ie, I had to jump it) and the SRS has never come one. I've had my car 3 years now and have done a lot of work and tinkering with it, and from what I understand, the SRS light only comes on if there is a malfunction in one of the SRS components or if you pull the fuse.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:54 AM
turbonics

Default SRS Light on 95 Accord

My wife was in an accident last winter, and the people who fixed the car didn't put the steering wheel on straight. Last night, I took the steering wheel apart and reinstalled it correctly. The SRS light did not come on last night, but did come on this morning and now will not shut off. I don't know if anyone has done this before, but will the instructions listed here reset the light?
Old 07-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Josher

i think the directions will work for an accord. If not, the light will just stay on and you'll have to have a mechanic or dealership take a look at it. See if you can find the SRS connector found in the dummy harness.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:14 PM
C2daIzZle

they'll work.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:16 AM
bigtimer8

Default SRS light extinguishes Works on Acura 3.2cl

I have an Acura 3.2cl and the SRS light illuminated for what seems no apparent reason and i needed a quick reset. After reading Joshers post i tried it. To my great satisfaction the fix works. So to others i say save your cash. Its not hard and I believe unless you crashed your car its most likely a nuissance fault. Just out of curiosity to the people who do go to the dealer what was the eventual fix?