Notices

WHat do you think?

Old 03-12-2003, 12:33 PM
franscum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHat do you think?

hey guys im new here, i am about to buy an integra i have a question: what are the specs on the inegra special edition? is one with mirror tint,greedy evo exhaust,aem cold air intake and new weels worth 10,400 w/ 40k miles i really dont know much about integras another car i was gona buy fell through and i have to get something cheaper and ive always likes em so whatever you guys have to say would be great

thanks
Old 03-12-2003, 12:44 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on the year...typically its not the best idea in the world to buy a pre modded car. An SE is basically an LS with some extra goodies.

Have the car checked out with a mechanic.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:49 PM
franscum

well it says on the thing he changed the oil and filters every 3k and that the stock parts are availbale
Old 03-12-2003, 12:55 PM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Default Re: WHat do you think?

Originally posted by franscum
hey guys im new here, i am about to buy an integra i have a question: what are the specs on the inegra special edition? is one with mirror tint,greedy evo exhaust,aem cold air intake and new weels worth 10,400 w/ 40k miles i really dont know much about integras another car i was gona buy fell through and i have to get something cheaper and ive always likes em so whatever you guys have to say would be great

thanks
What year is the car?

Modifications don't add any value whatsoever to the car (they actually do the opposite). Don't let the seller fool you.

Shingo
Old 03-12-2003, 01:07 PM
franscum

it is a 1996 special edition with 43000 miles

goin for 10 400

by the way do all special editions have leather interrior?
Old 03-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

10K for a 96? seems high to me
Old 03-12-2003, 01:44 PM
Dizzy89
Save a tree, eat a beaver

43,000 miles?! That's pretty good considering it's a 96. I have a 96 SE as well with almost 100,000 and I'm sure others have more than that. And yes, 96's came stock with leather. For pricing, you should look at Blue Book. That should give you some idea.
Old 03-12-2003, 03:22 PM
Jokieman31

Listen, miles don't mean as much as you might think.

I'm assuming it is a 2 DOOR, with MANUAL tranny. correct?

A 2 door with MANUAL tranny, with cd player, etc. leather, alloy wheels. etc. etc.

Private Party Seller Value of this car is...

Private Party Value $8,425
Private Party value represents what you might expect to pay for a used car when purchasing from a private party. It may also represent the value you might expect to receive when selling your own used car to another private party.

This is in EXCELLENT condition, because the car has been modded (and thus, you have a good idea that it has also been run hard) you can only rate this car in GOOD condition.

Private Party Value $7,860
Private Party value represents what you might expect to pay for a used car when purchasing from a private party. It may also represent the value you might expect to receive when selling your own used car to another private party.

GOOD condition is basically any car that has not been reconditioned by a dealer. IE, Dings, Dents removed, Interior professionally cleaned and conditioned, washed, waxed, brakes & other mechanical components inspected and replaced if worn. etc.

The guy wants dealer retail, that's too high for a 7 year old vehicle. Modded, and run hard.

Low mileage add's about 300-400 dollars to the price tag on these cars, not much more.

What he wants for that car is what you might expect to pay for a '96 SE that is certified pre-owned by Acura, with a Certified Pre-owned warranty to go with it.

---------------------------------------

Chances are he's upping the price based on his sentimentality over the vehicle. Offer him what you believe it's worth, but I'd have it checked by a mechanic (thoroughly) before giving him any money. Then again, if it were me, I wouldn't offer him more than 8,500 for it.

it's just too old for any more than that. there's a thousand other parts besides the engine and transmission that get old and need to be replaced at some point. Age plays a big part.