Notices

96 rs integra clutch problem

Old 11-25-2009, 09:21 AM
pmiranda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 rs integra clutch problem

Hey there everyone

Have a problem with my clutch can not put it into gear when car running.
OK so originally when this happened it was making a funny noise like something on the pressure plate assembly had broken, so I took the tranny out and there was a broken spring. So I replaced everything (except fly wheel) put it back together still not going into gear replaced master cylinder (looked like it was leaking) and slave still wont go into gear. There is good movement on the slave so I don’t think that is it anyone have any suggestions.

Thank you in advanced to all that respond

Last edited by pmiranda; 11-25-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:13 PM
hodwiththestrip
My GS-R

Give this a shot, you say that you can't put the car in gear while it's running, which makes me assume that you can put it in gear while the car is off.

With the engine off, put it in 1st gear, then push in the clutch all the way. With the car still in gear, still pressing the clutch to the floor, start your engine, leaving the clutch pressed in after it starts. If your car jumps forward then I would continue T/Sing the clutch assembly. Warning! You car may very well jump forward! Make sure there isn't anything in the way that could break or damage your car, like a person, wall of your garage, work bench.

If you car starts normally (ie. Not lurching forward.) then go ahead and shut it off. Now put the car in neutral, press in the clutch and leave it pressed in while starting it. With out letting the clutch go try and put it in gear.

Let us know what your results are.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Spec R

maybe the problem wasnt the clutch at all. could possibly be the transmission itself.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:50 PM
pmiranda

Hi there,

I did notice that the car moved just a little bit when I started it but moved more when I turned the car off, is it possible to put the plate in the wrong way?
Old 11-25-2009, 12:51 PM
hodwiththestrip
My GS-R

Yeah that's kinda what I'm leaning towards. (Assuming he did everything correctly with his new clutch install.)

Those test should be able to help us isolate where he should continue T/Sing. Either the clutch or the transmission.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:03 PM
hodwiththestrip
My GS-R

So with the car in gear, clutch pushed all the way in, you let it run for a few seconds before turning it off right? It wasn't just a quick on-off thing?
Old 11-25-2009, 01:04 PM
pmiranda

Ya like ten seconds swearing will I tried to put the car in first

Last edited by pmiranda; 11-25-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:21 PM
hodwiththestrip
My GS-R

Well since you ran the car for 10 seconds with it in first gear with the clutch in, and it didn't go jumping out of your garage I would say it's a transmission problem at this point.

You said you were “swearing while you put it in first”, is it hard to put the car in gear even when it's not running?

Well since you ran the car for 10 seconds with it in first gear with the clutch in, and it didn't go jumping out of your garage I would say it's a transmission problem at this point.

You said you were “swearing while you put it in first”, is it hard to put the car in gear even when it's not running?
Old 11-25-2009, 01:29 PM
pmiranda

Crap really
Sorry when the car is off it goes in normally it’s when the car was on and I tried I was swearing
The thing is, is that the clutch pedal doesn't feel right maybe it’s the new after market master cylinder I put in.
One more thing once I have it in gear and start to move the car I’m able to progress through the gears up to fifth, its a little rough changing gears but I’m able to do it.
Thanks for your help

Last edited by pmiranda; 11-25-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:51 PM
hodwiththestrip
My GS-R

Ok here are some things I would check that are clutch related. Since you've replaced your CMC I would re bleed your lines again, also make sure you have properly adjusted the pedal play too (You may not be getting the pedal pushed in the whole way.)

Another random question. Did you check the MTF fluid levels recently?