Notices

4 door LS exhaust

Old 02-26-2003, 08:23 PM
DB7 2.0
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WiLL has a pic of his 4dr LS with both the GReddy SP catback and his ITR muffler with the tip extended like the 4dr ITR muffler.

SlowDB7 should also have several pics of his car with the 5zigen.

i only have pics of my car when it had the 5zigen. no pics of the ITR.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:23 PM
DB7 2.0
Banned

Originally posted by Spec R
Thanks to TG Race Designs...

SlowDB7... got you 2 white DB squad stickers

and I got 2 "gunmetal" ones for you eddie

As for pics for you DustinHurley, I dont know how to post pics, nor do i have a coupe exhaust on my car, so that wouldnt help, but hit up DB7 2.0, he'll have some for you...i think

I saw his exhaust for the first time a few days back, and it does sit kinda deep in the bumper...which was to me
alright p!!!!!! :bigok:
Old 02-26-2003, 09:37 PM
b00gers

Originally posted by DB7 2.0
sometime this week
you have a banner coming and i didnt know. I WONT SPORT IT.:fawk:

jk....can i.h:
Old 02-26-2003, 09:56 PM
b00gers

will and db7 2.0 are running ITR exhausts from coupes with custom setups....so i dont think that helps u
you remembered.

---------

i had the greddy SP....and yes, its pretty limited on what you can get.

exhaust systems are different for the 2 and 4 doors.

heres a pointless story:

i have had a greddy SP catback. i took off the muffler, wanting to put an ITR one on there for the noise reduction and looks. so i kept the greddy b-pipe. now im not sure if the greddy and OEM b-pipes have the same mounting points for the muffler.

i got the muffler and bolted it onto the greddy piping. after being bolted on, the muffler wouldnt even reach the stock hangers, let alone the tip being pass the bumper.

if i were to hang the muffler first, i would get a 3-4 inch gap from the muffler pipe to b-pipe.

so i took it to a shop. he hung the muffler, and chopped off the muffler pipe. then extended it to reach the greddy pipe.

then i seen that the tip was behind the bumper....looks UGLY! so the guy took off the muffler and chopped off the tip, and welded and extension on there.

quite a lot of work.h:

just in case you want to see...here are 2 pics of a greddy muffler for teg sedan, and the ITR muffler right next to each other.....lined up from the hangers.

Old 02-26-2003, 11:31 PM
nevets
WAAAGH!!

Thanks to TG Race Designs...

SlowDB7... got you 2 white DB squad stickers

and I got 2 "gunmetal" ones for you eddie

As for pics for you DustinHurley, I dont know how to post pics, nor do i have a coupe exhaust on my car, so that wouldnt help, but hit up DB7 2.0, he'll have some for you...i think

I saw his exhaust for the first time a few days back, and it does sit kinda deep in the bumper...which was to me

:yay:
Old 02-27-2003, 01:05 AM
DB7 2.0
Banned

Originally posted by WiLL
then i seen that the tip was behind the bumper....looks UGLY!
:squint:
Old 02-27-2003, 04:31 AM
dustinhurley

Will, so would you say the Greddy SP is a good way to go? I haven't heard much about this exhaust. Is it loud and raspy, or low and deep sounding? How are the performance gains? I think all that welding and extending stuff seems like something I don't want to do. Especially don't want to cut and weld on a brand new exhaust system.

Also, still don't know about the Comptech exhaust system and if a Civic Si cat-back fits.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:13 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Basically like the other guys have said, your choices in direct-fit systems are limited to the 5Zigen Fireball, GReddy SP, and skunk2. The 5Zigen and skunk2 are both pretty loud (you have to be a loud exhaust person to like them), the GReddy is more reasonable sounding.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:43 AM
b00gers

Originally posted by DB7 2.0
:squint:
in my worthless opinion of course.h:

:gorgeous: :happysad:
Old 02-27-2003, 08:50 AM
b00gers

Originally posted by dustinhurley
Will, so would you say the Greddy SP is a good way to go? I haven't heard much about this exhaust. Is it loud and raspy, or low and deep sounding? How are the performance gains? I think all that welding and extending stuff seems like something I don't want to do. Especially don't want to cut and weld on a brand new exhaust system.

Also, still don't know about the Comptech exhaust system and if a Civic Si cat-back fits.
the greddy is pretty quiet when compared to other exhaust systems out there..but they are definilty louder than a stock exhaust, even when cruising at highway speeds.

there was no raspy sound to the muffler, just a very low and deep tone.

i cant say much about the performance gains.

IMO, the greddy SP has the best looking muffler...but the tip is too huge for my taste.

dont mind the white crap on my bumper or the green overspray. the crap is from the doubled sided tape from my body kit, and the overspray is from when my neighbor redid my bumper. h: both of which are done.

i havent seen the comptech exhaust on a sedan.