Notices

ahhh new sparks carbonized

Old 02-23-2003, 10:16 AM
paymepunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ahhh new sparks carbonized

i just replaced the plugs and wires on my'88 ls. I have checked for leaky fuel hoss and the works... nothing. if you refer to

http://www.teamintegra.com/forum/dis...PagePosition=1

You will see my problem. now the new plugs have been carbonized in under 2 miles. and the engine bogging or messing up continues. GRRRRR i want this thing to work. I've checked everything i can so far. another forum mentioned that i need to change my fuel filter, however i did not think theat that could cause my plugs to carbonize. does anyone think it might be the ecu mis mixing. please let me now if there is anything i am missing here guys.

plaese let me know IN AIM or on the forum AsAp.
thax

aim= Paymepunk
Old 02-23-2003, 10:40 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Carbon-fouled plugs indicate an overly rich fuel mixture. There are a number of possible causes of this. Do you have a check engine light on?
Old 02-23-2003, 07:09 PM
paymepunk

no i have a PGM-FI light indicating fuel injection problems. I checked the ecu, i was recomended to check the 02 sensors. Which os sensor is it, the one on the intake, cause that one is only a hose running into the top of the engine, not any chip or anything with wires, and my chilton has no pics. so the ecu says MAP malfunction, i've changed the plugs and stuff what elses should i check.
Old 02-23-2003, 07:50 PM
XSrcing

check all wires going to the MAP sensor, if they are good, replace the sensor.

when your MAP sensor goes out, the ECU has no idea of what the engine load is, so it goes into a default setting, which involves running rich at low speeds and lean at high speeds.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:48 AM
paymepunk

ok thankx for the rapid response, i found the os on the exhaust manifold, i'll trey it tonight, if that is not it i will try the map sensor next. It was mentioned to change this before but i am not sure how much of an investment it is. i'll check it out.