Notices

? about durability of radiator, air bag

Old 02-09-2003, 06:04 PM
03wrench

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about durability of radiator, air bag

With only 73K on a 97 NA integra gs. I have a leak between the plastic tank and the aluminum core of my radiator. I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem. Is there any warranty left? or does anyone know of any recall.

Also SRS light goes on and off. The dealer does not recognize trouble code. Any suggestions other than find a new dealer.

One other thing car veers left, dealer claims car was in severe front end collision. The car was purchase new and hasnt had any severe front collision.
Old 02-09-2003, 06:39 PM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

damn dude. take it to a shop!

SKOOIE!!!
Old 02-09-2003, 07:03 PM
h0ckeyplr

check the trouble code yourself http://www.c-speedracing.com/faq/06.php and that page also has a link to a list of the codes, see if that has the one that your car is throwing.

i have 110000 and i do not have any leaking.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:20 PM
travis200

I have a 97 teg and my radiator did the exact thing yours is doing with about 120,000 miles only I drove to work one day and when I got there it was shot fluid all over the place. I had to get a new one so I went with a steel one not the kind of one I wanted (never heard of the brand) but it was all the shop I took it to had. Never had a problem car know has 186,000 miles on it.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:23 PM
Etylorcen
Turbo Mafia Soldier

Same with my rad...its the crappy aluminum and plastic crap honda put on the integ.
As for the veering...have you had an allignment in a while? Not sure about the SRS light though.
Old 02-09-2003, 11:17 PM
JGordon

The stock radiators are kind of shitty. I had to replace mine a couple months ago at 108k, and the previous owner had already replaced it once. I went with a Fluidyne High-performance radiator. Those can be had for about $340. A stock one would cost you about $180. It's really not that hard to replace the radiator yourself -- it takes about 2 hours if you've never done it before. A shop would probably charge you another $150-$200 for labor on that.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:27 AM
OregonHusker

I just replaced my radiator in my '95 GSR. It just turned 97,000 miles. I went ahead and got the radiator the shop had in stock. It costed $158 and after labor charges my bill was $308.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:28 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I would replace the radiator sooner than later. Once the plastic part develops a crack it's only a matter of time until it bursts.

To fix the problem of the car not tracking straight you should have an alignment done.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:37 AM
03wrench

Default radiator, SRS, alingment

Thanks for all the info. I am satisfied to know my radiator is crappy and it's low service life is normal. Now I will check on replacement. Becuase it was the weekend I turned to your site for info. I will contact the president of the west coast radiator association today to get the real lowdown. To all who have replyed Thank you. Please note a special thanks to the trouble code reply. And to those who have had troubles also look at www.alldata.com recalls and notices. I haven't found a real dealer yet, meaning knowledgeable wrenchs. And the alignment was done. I am sure I will have to find a real alignment shop sometime in the future. as for those with 97 integras according to alldata the top tank replacement was part of a recall notice, the srs had a notice and the alignment was not mentioned.