Notices

window tint laws, the link to hopefully save you

Old 06-22-2002, 02:08 AM
97teggYB0i

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

best thing to do... Roll down your windows every time you see a Pig... Thats what i do... i know it will look stupid if its raining... But at least i haven't gotten any tickets.. (so far)
Old 06-22-2002, 06:20 AM
juiceweazel
Mobfather of all

my windows were down, he saw that i had my rear side windows & my rear window tinted so he ASSUMED that i had my fronts done. i hate when the dam city decides it wants to make some $. they find the newest thing that people are doing in numbers so they can screw the most people. :madfawk:
Old 07-20-2002, 04:34 AM
H-carWizard
FKN-DING

Originally posted by juiceweazel
my windows were down, he saw that i had my rear side windows & my rear window tinted so he ASSUMED that i had my fronts done. i hate when the dam city decides it wants to make some $. they find the newest thing that people are doing in numbers so they can screw the most people. :madfawk:
You weren't a victim of "Operation Hammer" were you? There is a local lawyer fighting "Hammer" tickets for free. You might want to look into it. Erie police dept. abuse of power is getting out of hand.:madfawk:
Thus far I have found Erie to be Import UNfriendly. The cops must all be musclecar heads or something. I am constantly getting glared at, and my car isn't even all that modified yet...

Phil
Old 07-20-2002, 07:14 AM
tooslow2race
Master Bator

i went to a doctor i know and had an eye exam... turns out I have really light sensitive eyes (who woulda guessed).... cops pull me over and i pull out my prescription for tinted windows... lovely
Old 07-20-2002, 07:30 AM
juiceweazel
Mobfather of all

hey, that's a good idea, i think i'm going to get 1 of those nifty papers .
hey phil , are u ever down @ the dock or mcdonalds? what color is your gsr? the only 3rd gen gsr i know of is ryan's, not much done to it, but clean.
Old 07-20-2002, 09:39 AM
H-carWizard
FKN-DING

Originally posted by juiceweazel
hey, that's a good idea, i think i'm going to get 1 of those nifty papers .
hey phil , are u ever down @ the dock or mcdonalds? what color is your gsr? the only 3rd gen gsr i know of is ryan's, not much done to it, but clean.
I think I have met Ryan...

My GSR, she is RED, easy to diffretiate from others due to my Si DOHC VTEC stickers, and S2000 Antenna.
I have a cat back exhaust.
I run stock rims, and I am having my new suspension installed today.(translation: not much done to my car yet either)
Things are going to happen very fast with this car, I have a lot of plans in the works.

I work for the company that owns RumRunners (on the dock) So I am down there all the time. If you see me, give me a shout. I would like to run into some more like minded enthusiasts.

Phil
Old 07-21-2002, 10:16 AM
juiceweazel
Mobfather of all

we definately need to find a new place to hang, the dock is just way over patroled. we can just sit there & the cops still stare hard!. need a place that has a little strip too for umm...idle races.
Old 07-21-2002, 12:00 PM
Weston

That PA tint law sounds pretty vauge. Maybe you could argue that it is too vauge (ie unconstitionally vauge). I'm no lawyer though, so who knows if that'll work.
Old 07-21-2002, 12:16 PM

that first link didnt do sh!t for me:squint: i live in NY
Old 07-22-2002, 11:22 AM
BonzoAPD

I think this stuff is a myth or Urban Legend. Go to your state's legislation webpage and find out the law. If there wasn't a law, cops wouldn't get away with what they do and judges wouldn't be able to fine you for it.

Quick Reply: window tint laws, the link to hopefully save you