Notices

new clutch installed

Old 01-24-2003, 09:07 AM
shockwave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new clutch installed

hey guys i got my new exedy clutch installed. at first it was doing great, i didnt rev to hard been breaking it in nicely.... its been about 500 miles now and ever since yesterday when i release the clutch, like a half inch befor it engages it the clutch pedal makes this sweeking type noise and it tightens up just ALITTLE... it still engages fine and everything... but even when i put it in nuetral and then press and release the clutch it makes same squeeking noise and tightens up just a tad.... is this just a lubrication problem with the pedal? any ideas? thnx
Old 01-25-2003, 01:56 PM
91integrals
u r teh sux!!1!111!

uhhh, what year and model was the car? is it cable adjusted clutch or hydraulic adjusted clutch..
Old 01-25-2003, 02:22 PM
shockwave

uhhh.. its a 94 LS lol
Old 01-25-2003, 05:24 PM
91integrals
u r teh sux!!1!111!

Ok then i am assuming that its hydraulic adjusted

If you did it yourself, you might want to be sure you put all the fun hydraulic stuff back together correctly.. and if you had a shop do it.. well, the job should be warrantied, take it back to em and say fix this you stupid ********:madfawk:

keep in mind, i dont know much about the newer integra's hydraulic clutch systems..
Old 01-25-2003, 06:17 PM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

i've noticed the squeaking lead to slave cylinders blowing on the clutch system.

it's a cheap fix if it does break. as long as it engages fine you shoudl be money.

cause about the only thing you can **** up in a clutch install is. greasing up the new throw out bearing properly.

if the clutch isn't installed properly, the tranny is a ***** to put back on.
-----
Old 01-25-2003, 10:10 PM
shockwave

for some weird ass reson it went away...... it did it for 2 days and now NOTHING what so ever.... but im still gonna take it back to the shop and check it out
Old 02-15-2003, 09:08 AM
shockwave

ok now its starting to make alittle bit of clicking noises like a the notches or something as i release slowly... and could this be the throw out barring not lubed right or maybe i need to change fluids? at first it was just a squeek but now the clicking and its releaseing a tad bit higher than it should.... and where it use to release it gets tightened up when releasing slowly... i dont think the shop lubed the throw out barring....... i know i have a warrenty but thought i might ask for more opinions befor i go all pissed off at them...
Old 02-15-2003, 09:34 AM
dubcac
I

Throw out bearing i think. It can cause the squeaking noise if not lubed, and can cause the clicking noise as well.
Old 02-15-2003, 10:10 AM
shockwave

i talked to the guy at the shop and he said that because they were brand new parts that he didnt have to lubricate the throw out barring.... WTF is this true? he refuses to do it also... is this my problem then?
Old 02-16-2003, 03:44 AM
newgsrdriver

Sounds like the TO bearing to me.

Did he install the bearing that came with the Exedy kit? Its a piece of **** from what Ive seen. I keep telling you guys to avoid Exedy and pay a bit more for ACT, but no one listens!