Notices

new clutch installed

Old 04-20-2003, 01:50 AM
Enigma_LS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought an act and am kinda having this problem also.... Mine seems to be the hydraulic part of the clutch though.... It leaks a little fluid down by the pedal...
Does it make the sound when you press and realease the clutch when the car is not on. My makes a sound like a spring expanding. Im not worried about this problem though, cause i think the increased power of my clutch has worn out both my axles hehe, good luck fixing your problem...
Old 04-20-2003, 02:30 AM
MikeR

i seem to keep running in to you! if it's leaking by the pedal the clutch maste cyl shaft seal is leaking and it's time to replace probably the whole master, which isn't bad and pretty cheap, this could also cause the squeek your speaking of due to the shaft dragging on the torn seal and such
Old 04-20-2003, 11:37 AM
XSrcing

how loud are thises clicking noises? do they occur only when you are trying to engage the clutch, or when you are releasing it as well?

and leaking near the pedal is caused by a bad master cylinder seal.
Old 04-20-2003, 08:32 PM
PatrickGSR94
I'm not a n00b!

Originally posted by shockwave
i talked to the guy at the shop and he said that because they were brand new parts that he didnt have to lubricate the throw out barring.... WTF is this true? he refuses to do it also... is this my problem then?
That guy is an idiot, whenever a throwout bearing is installed, you must use high temp. grease on the inner surface of the TO bearing, the tranny input shaft, the ends of the release fork where it attaches to the TO bearing, the pivot point of the release fork, and the end of the release fork where the slave cylinder pushes on it. If somebody could scan the diagram in the Helms that shows that, you could print it out and be like "This is what you should have done dummy!"