Notices

ok people are retarded

Old 01-21-2003, 11:03 AM
shockwave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok people are retarded

ok..... first off over summer my civic got stolen (no insurance) in a rich neigborhood in san diego..... then my second car (backup car) gets vandalized and cd player jacked.... and now someone broke into my teg this morning and stole all my cds and my cd player and im pissed.... anyone know of any good anti-theft devices or killswitches or something cuz im scared they might come back to take the teggy..... thnx
Old 01-21-2003, 11:11 AM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Default Re: ok people are retarded

Originally posted by shockwave
ok..... first off over summer my civic got stolen (no insurance) in a rich neigborhood in san diego..... then my second car (backup car) gets vandalized and cd player jacked.... and now someone broke into my teg this morning and stole all my cds and my cd player and im pissed.... anyone know of any good anti-theft devices or killswitches or something cuz im scared they might come back to take the teggy..... thnx
How did they break in?

You will obviously have to fabricate your own "custom" kill switches.

Park in a garage if you can; only the most professional thieves cut through garage doors and at that point it's probably best to let them have the car.

Some ideas I have been entertaining are:

Locking Ford/Kia/Daewoo car cover
Quick-release steering wheel (in the same vein as the quick-release bicycle seats!)
RS Door handles (sans silver tabs)

If you're really desperate take off your wheels and leave your car on jackstands. Drive a real beater for the time being.

Shingo
Old 01-21-2003, 12:26 PM
diskostew
DiskoStew don't advertise

I have a quick release steering wheel, an alarm, and a fuel pump kill switch. If they get past all that, they are more than likely a pro thief and would get your car any way you look at it. Back in the day I had a 56 ragtop bug that got stolen. They just towed it a way while the alarm was screaming and everything. Bottom line is if they want it bad enough, THEY WILL GET IT!!!!
Old 01-21-2003, 01:19 PM
bengeeee

i have a viper system that cuts the ignition after 10-15 mins of driving without disarming the alarm. Personally tho, i think the sticker that says viper on the side of my window does more then the actuall system itself. Why not just pull the injectors. That would really stump the average thief. Leave two in and pull the other two. The car will not start (=.
Old 01-21-2003, 02:10 PM
Level_7

I moved to SD recently; live in Del Mar, work in La Jolla.
Just out of curiosity, where in San Diego did your cars get stolen? I try to avoid the beaches, Clairemont, and anywhere close to the border.