Notices

trunk latch?

Old 03-31-2009, 03:07 PM
manipulator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trunk latch?

my trunk has always been a little sticky, so to say, but now randomly, i went ot open it once and it doesn't want to stay shut. im not sure if the cable is snapped, but basically no amount of pulling and pushing on the lever while fiddling around with the latch makes it want to stay shut. is there any way to test to see if it is in fact the cable, or perhaps a troubleshoot i could do (preferrably without jacking it up?) i'll have to elastic it shut for my drive home (im over 300 kms from home right now) on thursday :S

anyone got any help?
Old 03-31-2009, 07:43 PM
pslsnakes
F#%K JDM, USDM FTW

What year is your car?

'94-'97 Integras had a mechanical latch, meaning it will open by the cable or key. All '98+ years worked on a circuit. When you pull the lever inside, it completes the circiut and pops the trunk open, same thing with using the key.

So without knowing what year the car is, I can't really help with diagnosing the problem as it could be from a popped fuse to a broken cable clip.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:04 PM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by manipulator
(preferrably without jacking it up?)
You don't need to jack your car up.

Remove the rear plastic trim piece and inspect the latch. Disconnect the cable and latch it from inside the car.