Notices

type r lip material

Old 03-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Khazzy
The know nothing kid.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default type r lip material

okay so i am rollin in some money and want to get a type r lip, due to scarce numbers of oem type r front lips, i would love to know the oem material of the lip, i am willing to spend 150 or more, not 300 though, so i am not buying some cheap makeshift lip that doesnt fit good and breaks just from driving on these crap roads in tucson. the forum sponsor weksos offers an abs type r lip for 99..but that seems cheap and i heard abs is crappy. and yes spec r i am ready to get it painted too lol, no shamu-ing the teg. any input would be great
Old 03-23-2009, 02:48 PM
pslsnakes
F#%K JDM, USDM FTW

Polyurethane is the best material. It's flexible and won't crack and it stands up to the most abuse. The ABS plastic is good, but it cracks with a hard enough hit.

Carbon fiber is nice, but it cracks toooo easily, same as fiberglass.

StreetStyler.com is a good source for OE replica parts. They even do package deals on the front, rear, and sides for the OEM Optional kit.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Spec R

lol just get the weksos one, u'd have to intentionally try to break it to actually break it. Polyurethane is indeed more durable, but is harder to prep for paint (paint doesnt like to stick to it as well - unless its prepped correctly. your maaco/earl sheib shops will not prep it correctly)
Old 03-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Khazzy
The know nothing kid.

aight 100 dollars it is, yeah i felt that urethane is too flexable and would look loose on the car. thanks guys