Notices

Skunkworks 22mm bar and ASR brace...?

Old 01-30-2009, 12:41 PM
A-dub5513

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skunkworks 22mm bar and ASR brace...?

Hey guys, I've been researching this issue for quite some time but haven't been able to get a definitive answer. I've done an extensive search online as well as at local shops with no luck. Even ASR won't won't say, other than that I should replace it with the Type-R bar (big surprise).

I just want to know if anyone can tell me if the Skunkworks bar is designed like the Type-R's. I've seen pics on the net and they appear to be. They are both 22's.

Basically I'm just looking for new bushings and D-brackets. The mount holes on each side of Skunks's design are exactly 2" apart (top to bottom)while the holes on the ASR plate slightly under (didn't measure exact length). But since we all know that stock Type-R parts are used, all I should need are the stock D-brackets and order bushings for that application.

If anyone knows or has a Skunk bar, please let me know.

Thanks,
A-dub
Old 01-30-2009, 05:19 PM
gingas

I just have the skunk2 rear tie bar. Not sure about the other part.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:43 PM
Spec R

if the bushing inside the d-bracket is designed for a 22mm bar, then it should fit the 22mm skunk bar. SHOULD. the variance could be in the actual diameter of the skunk bar, which may or may not be 22mm.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:23 PM
A-dub5513

Hey there again, Spec...guess I can always count on you. At the risk of being presumptuous, here's a link in another forum for you regarding this issue, and everyone else who may find this useful...pretty good discussion goin', especially if you're considering an ASR brace, but want to use an aftermarket bar:

As simple as my problem may seem.....http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2487836

PS. Is posting a link to another forum considered bad form? Thought I'd make certain 'cuz...well, I like it here.

Cheers, Spec.

A-dub

Last edited by A-dub5513; 02-02-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Spec R

oh wow, now that you posted pics, i really dont know what to do in that situation. that looks like the extra bends will only work with the skunkworks brackets..which would probably be subframe will probably be too weak for.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:26 PM
AP1dude
JDM WHORE!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A-dub5513
Hey there again, Spec...guess I can always count on you. At the risk of being presumptuous, here's a link in another forum for you regarding this issue, and everyone else who may find this useful...pretty good discussion goin', especially if you're considering an ASR brace, but want to use an aftermarket bar:

As simple as my problem may seem.....http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2487836

PS. Is posting a link to another forum considered bad form? Thought I'd make certain 'cuz...well, I like it here.

Cheers, Spec.

A-dub
I had ASR setup on my old teg wih ITR 23mm rear sway bar (using ASR brackets/bushings) and installed the Progress 22mm on a friends teg (using the brackets from Progress since the ASR brackets/bushing wouldn't work with progress brackets/bushings)...i noticed from install that the wholes on the brace line up the same as the subframe...so if the bracket that came with your skunk sway bar bolts onto subframe then it should bolt directly to ASR brace.