Notices

Front Axles the culprit to violent shaking

Old 12-31-2002, 01:43 PM
NoSuchSol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Axles the culprit to violent shaking

'95 Integra GSR - 90,000 miles and babied - but ended up with two messed up front axles. Oh well, the problem is fixed now. =) i'm just not sure why it started after a whole bunch of freeway driving where the stress on the ball joints should have been less than stop and go traffic.. any insights from the FWD/long-term drivers?
Old 12-31-2002, 11:19 PM
crash

does it shake when driving or braking?
Old 01-06-2003, 09:13 AM
NoSuchSol

Originally posted by crash
does it shake when driving or braking?
It shook when I was on the gas between 40-XX mph. It became constant and the entire car shook, vibrated, rumbled, but I could let off the gas and it would be fine. No shake from braking. So I replaced the right front axle and it fixed most of it. Replaced the left front axle and viola. Sad b/c money spent but happy it's fixed.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:15 AM
Deludedteg

Mine shakes a lil at 70-80 then gets smooth. It's also smooth up to approx. 70mph. Wierd.
Old 01-06-2003, 04:00 PM
Xyooj

Delu...Prob you need you balance your tires
Old 01-06-2003, 05:01 PM
NoSuchSol

Originally posted by Deludedteg
Mine shakes a lil at 70-80 then gets smooth. It's also smooth up to approx. 70mph. Wierd.
Yah that sounds like it's balancing time. My folks GS300 shook between 60-70mph until they got new tires(which were balanced).

Mine was only when you were on the gas. I'm wondering if it just got worse b/c I don't launch my car. In fact 95% of the miles are spent driving up to SB for school two days a week. Something decided to go. We were looking at the CV boots and there weren't any cracks or tears so I'm assuming that they were replaced before I got the car(78,000 on the car when bought). If that's the only problem I end up having for this car then I'll be happy. The next owner will be happy as well. =D

The car shook, not just the steering wheel. Never saw any warpage through the shaft of the axle assembly either. Must have been at the ball joints.