Notices

How Do I Take Off ?

Old 12-24-2008, 05:54 PM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Do I Take Off ?

The rotor once I get Cap off. So I can check ignitor etc that everyone says to check of why GSR not starting.

Thanks
Old 12-24-2008, 06:25 PM
A-series
v-card member alpha

(assuming it's an oem or oem-type distributor) There's a screw holding the rotor to the distributor shaft, you have to crank the motor until you can see the screw facing up at you. To be on the safe side you can remove a single plug wire (from the cap) and put it on the end of the coil(or just put the cap back on), otherwise keep the cranks very short if you crank the motor with the dist. cap off, otherwise you could overheat the coil - it's unlikely unless you really crank, but better safe than sorry).

Also, they can sometimes be on there real tight, so make sure you get a screwdriver that fits well into the head of the screw, and use plenty of pressure so you don't strip it.

edit: fixed it, I was in a hurry and apparently not of sound mind when I typed to remove the ignition coil before removing the rotor h: (not possible on most cars b/c of "dust cover") I meant to remove a single plug wire and put it on the end of the coil, if you have to crank it more than a split second w/ the cap off.

Last edited by A-series; 12-25-2008 at 10:15 PM. Reason: wtf was I thinking
Old 12-24-2008, 06:46 PM
pslsnakes
F#%K JDM, USDM FTW

It's there.

It's a brass colored screw. You will see the cover that covers up the components has an area tha let's you get access to the screw.

If it doesn't want to come off, try to get an impact screw driver. I had to use one for mine. Usually the bits are big, and they fit in the screw head good. Give it a nice smack with a hammer and it's loosened.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:31 AM
cruzalekz

my suggestion, make sure you get the perfect fit screw driver/allen wen taking off that small screw
Old 01-08-2009, 03:52 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

It's called a grub screw. Yes to all of the above.