Notices

Shocks/Struts for Ground Control Coilvers

Old 12-28-2002, 10:54 PM
FURIOUSGSR01
FURIOUSRSX04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shocks/Struts for Ground Control Coilvers

I had a set of ground control coilvers that I bought and installed with my stock struts, now I feel its time to upgrade. I wanted to know what would be the best shocks/struts to go with the coilovers. I want the ride to be just like stock or better. Also I wanted to know would having adjustable shocks be better than non adjustable shocks? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2002, 11:23 PM
Taiwanze7

Get the adapter for Koni Yellows or Blisten. Koni will give you adj. and let you lower it to close to stock ride quality. From what I heard Blisten is pretty good too.... if you're on a budget, most pple will swear by KYB AGX
Old 12-29-2002, 06:59 AM
kfar09

those are all good above but u could also go w/ koni reds. they aren't as pricey and still give a good ride i think. it all depends on what ur budget is.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:09 AM
Mintegra97

I have the ground controol coilovers and tokiko blues. i like the set up but it is not stock ride quality. i dont like my car to have any body roll and i slammed the shiz out of it, but it handles alot better.
Old 12-30-2002, 05:17 PM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Stock GC rates? Go with Koni Reds. GC sells a "koni yellow" set that have higher springrates than the normal/special edition version; the latter is designed to be used with most aftermarket shocks.

Shingo
Old 01-01-2003, 01:57 PM
ITRraceR

I got KYB's and they r awsome, as good as koni yellows if you ask me, plus alot simpler to adjust If you set it up right it rides just like stock, i had my teg lowered about 2' in frot and 1.6 or so in the back and it acually was better ride than stock lol, but now that i raise it for winter it feels weird lol
I guess wants you go low you never come back