Notices

Full OEM Lip Kit in ABS Plastic

Old 10-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Schwa
Schiggity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full OEM Lip Kit in ABS Plastic

Hey folks,

This could be extremely old, but I was searching around on TI for the lip kit and came along this sponsor on TI.

There's been many companies out there but AFAIK this is the first company to offer the full kit in ABS plastic rather than fiberglass.

I'm not associated with the sponsor in any way, but wanted to share my find.

http://www.streetstyler.com/timembersonly.htm

Now that I have the ITR this is highly tempting
Old 10-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Spec R

hmmmm nice find. hmmmm. hmmmm i'll let you be a guinea pig on the ITR

if i go that route, i'll definitely have to pick up some wheels, or get my BBS refinished...
Old 10-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Khazzy
The know nothing kid.

very nice find, i eventually wanna do this, but i will be compelled to buy the real stuff most likely
Old 10-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Spec R

Originally Posted by Khazzy
very nice find, i eventually wanna do this, but i will be compelled to buy the real stuff most likely
until you see how much douche owners sell the stuff for. its pretty common to see them going for MSRP when they're used and abused. supply and demand i guess
Old 10-29-2008, 03:00 PM
2001TEGGSR

The shell I just picked up had them installed before it was stripped, now there is a grey area and holes where they pop riveted the sides on. I may just order a set of these, $170 is cheap. Does this company make the rear valances as well? Are they cheaper on TI?

There is a guy on HT selling OEM optional sides for 400$ shipped right now. I have seen them go for over $1,000 with the rear valances.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Schwa
Schiggity

^ Yes, the sides and rear valences is $300 shipped. The front lip, sides and valences are $400 shipped.

Technically, there should be no difference from OEM since OEM is made out of ABS plastic.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Khazzy
The know nothing kid.

Originally Posted by Spec R
until you see how much douche owners sell the stuff for. its pretty common to see them going for MSRP when they're used and abused. supply and demand i guess
very true, we'll see how money is going to be, gas is going down, 2.45 now, down 6 cents from yesterday, im loving it and more mulah in my pocket, who knows and about your build thread, i agree the 98+ bumper is hideous without a lip, curves up n shit, WHAT FOR!? haha
Old 11-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Al B`

The OEM kits are made from PP, the same plastic that OEM covers are made from. ABS is a very brittle, easy to work with plastic, and if the kit is truely ABS, not a compound/derivative of ABS, it will disintigrate easily by debris off the road and from the tires. Note that the add states Replica of OEM. I have yet to see a AFM kit fit like an OEM kit without major modification or added support. I would save your money and get a used kit from a wrecker, or new kit from the stealer. IMHO.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:19 AM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by Al B`
The OEM kits are made from PP, the same plastic that OEM covers are made from. ABS is a very brittle, easy to work with plastic, and if the kit is truely ABS, not a compound/derivative of ABS, it will disintigrate easily by debris off the road and from the tires. Note that the add states Replica of OEM. I have yet to see a AFM kit fit like an OEM kit without major modification or added support. I would save your money and get a used kit from a wrecker, or new kit from the stealer. IMHO.
The OEM optional sides are no longer available at the dealership, nor have they been for some time now. That's why the OEM pieces still hold the same ridiculous value.

I have seen the same crappy fiber glass OEM replica's in the past, they don't fit well at all. This kit is supposed to be different though, a guy on TI has been developing it for over a year now, IIRC.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Al B`

Well, if that's whats out there... ABS is real easy to work with if it don't fit.