Notices

my night at the drag strip! i got lucky!

Old 12-06-2002, 09:05 PM
gsrstyle
Nitrous Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my night at the drag strip! i got lucky!

okay, i had got my nitrous gsr plate kit finally working. i do a test run with out the nitrous and run a 10.5 in the 1/8 at qualcomm. pretty ****ty, since my best all motor was 10.2.

( yes, i suxs at driving and that track has ****ty traction, 2 guys on full slicks were only getting 2.1 60ft times, most FWD drivers get a 2.4 and the good rwd drivers can get like a 2.2)

well anyways i try out my nitrous and get a 9.5!! thats a cold bottle too!wait till i get a heater

next round i find out im going to race an mr2turbo, well my dumbass forgets to activate my nitrous and i lose, LOL

heres when the bad **** happends. i line up, rev to 4500 slip the clutch then i floor it. i suddenly BOG all the way down the track!! then i start thing that i launched in 3rd gear. well thats what i thought. next round i do the same thing, but i make sure its in first. i bog down again!! im like WTF. i pop my hood only to find out that my nitrous wire got disconnected and i was only spraying fuel!

oh man if it was my fuel wire solenoid that got disconnected i would have blown my motor becuase it would only spray nitrous. man i got so lucky. thank god it wasnt the fuel wire :thumbup:

so i fix it. then i race a civic si hatch and smoke him with another 9 second run.

so my best time of the night was:
rt - 597
60ft - 2.435
et - 9.586
mph - 78.81

my motor is actually taking the nitrous VERY well. i checked my plugs after every run and im running alittle rich. earlier the week i wasted half a bottle testing it out. so before the races i did a compression test and i got 210 across the engine. im going to do another one tomorrow to see how my engine is but riight now my plugs looks pretty damn good!

its funny how all the ricers or people who dont know **** about nitrous automatically assume that i am going to blow my motor after each run, AHAHAHAHAH.

mods: 75 shot plate kit, B&M fpr and aem intake.
Old 12-06-2002, 09:33 PM
crash

sup what does your teg look like??, i work there, maybe i've seen you.
Old 12-06-2002, 09:52 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

dom's friend right? black gsr? :thumbup:
Old 12-06-2002, 09:53 PM
dubcac
I

Man you need a heater and some drag radials, you're easily sub 9 seconds. I need to get my drag radials mounted, and hook my kit back up...and go break some fools off at the Q
Old 12-06-2002, 10:07 PM
crash

do you go to qualcom to dubster, maybe ive seen you too?
Old 12-06-2002, 11:05 PM
dubcac
I

I've been there a few times but not racing, just watching and helping out a vendor...haven't been out lately though. I have a dark green teg, lowered on 97 gsr's, apex n1 exhaust, and the DVviii sticker on the rear quarter window.
Old 12-06-2002, 11:47 PM
crash

hmm.. not sure, you going there this friday?
Old 12-07-2002, 04:47 AM
gsrstyle
Nitrous Junkie

crash - i have the black lowered integra. which part are you working at?

aux - yup, when we going for pho again?

dubster - hell yeah i need a heater! the only way i could think of heating it was putting under the dash and turning on the heater hehe.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:59 AM
newgsrdriver

Sh*t man, if you ran your car again without popping the hood to see the problem after it bogged the first time, you may just end up with a situation like your fuel line popping off.

Dont laugh about it yet...unless you address these issues and take it seriously, they may just end up being right
Old 12-07-2002, 06:42 PM
gsrstyle
Nitrous Junkie

yeah man, i did think much about it because i had thought that launched 3rd. i did open my hood becuase at first i thought my throttle switch had fell off. im just really lucky that i saw that wire i guess