Notices

what does everyone think about cat skin leather interior

Old 11-24-2002, 03:18 AM
pomansouth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what does everyone think about cat skin leather interior

has there been anything bad and anything good said about katskinz leather. like does it crack or fade and does it fit right and also do they sell a cover for the head rest also or just for the seat. and if they dont will it be ok if i just get a gsr head rest.
Old 11-24-2002, 10:13 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

The quality of the leather from what I've seen is generally good. Personally, I'm not much of a fan of leather seats. They get hot in the summer and cold in the winter, and they don't grab you as much during spirited driving.
Old 11-24-2002, 12:52 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally posted by MrFatBooty
Personally, I'm not much of a fan of leather seats. They get hot in the summer and cold in the winter, and they don't grab you as much during spirited driving.
:werd:
Old 11-24-2002, 01:26 PM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

their quality is good and prices aint that bad
i too dont really like leather that much, specially after a summer with it, but hey its up to you

they sell both the skin for the seat and headrest
and i dont know the difference in gsr headrests from ls/gs/rs?
Old 11-24-2002, 01:46 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I think he's referring to the fact that leather was standard on all '98-up GSRs.
Old 11-24-2002, 03:18 PM
pomansouth

i appreciate everyones replys. im not to sure when i will be gettin leather but it will be sometime in the near future maby depending on my choices. I'm not to much into autocross cause we dont really have any autocross tracks around here and i dont really have the money for it. I stick to drag and slow cruising cause i love to watch people look at my car even though i dont have much of anything
Old 11-24-2002, 05:51 PM
MountainGSR
Irisher than Thou

I agree with the comments that leather is too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter, and that you slide around in corners. I'd also like to add that depending on the color (mine's black) you can get really neurotic about cleaning it. Actually, though, black leather cleans up a lot easier than any upholstery I've ever had.

On the plus side, I think leather is waaaay more comfortable than upholstery. I've put 37k on my teg in the 1.25 years I've had it, a lot of which was long roadtrips (12-18 hours) and the leather is super comfortable. I always wear long shorts or jeans and t-shirts, so I never feel the leather is hot/cold. Plus, if you have big side bolsters (Teg's are pretty big, Lude's have huge ones) you won't slide too much. And when you get the temp right, ladies love leather