Notices

brake replacement tools

Old 11-22-2002, 09:53 PM
edjc3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake replacement tools

Last time I replaced the pads/rotors on my '95 Integra, a friend helped me and I don't recall the size of the socket we used to loosen and remove the two bols that hold the calipers in place.

Can anyone tell me what size this socket is????

While I'm on the subject of brakes, I decided to get off my wallet and get some nice ebc greenstuff pads to replace my worn out stocks. I also got some Brembo blank slotted rotors as well.

I was happy with them at first, but after no more than three months of city driving, I began to feel a terrible shudder when I would brake for a stopsign, etc. Surely those nice rotors haven't warped on me, right?

Anyway, I'm going to put my stock rotors back on, as I think the pads are still in good shape. I just put them on in June.

Has anyone out there experienced something similiar to this with this type of brake set up? I'm kinda dissapointed, although the car does stop well. It's that rough shudder though....it's got to go!
Old 11-23-2002, 08:43 AM
g2tegls
MR, ftw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did my brakes and although I have a 1990, the sizes may be the same. The caliper bolts are 12mm, the bracket bolts are 17mm and the brake line bolt is 14mm (if you have to remove the brake line).