Notices

Front Tower Bar

Old 11-22-2002, 10:44 AM
v-teg01
Candy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Tower Bar

Once i got my Skunk2 intake manifold, my throtle was hitting my neuspeed front tower bar, so i had to take it off.In my opinion the nuespeed was the best, in its hollow design and attaching in 4 places not 2 (very sterdy).But anyways either i could find the next best tower bar that will fit or replace my throtle body and get one that will hopefully does not get in the way of my nuespeed bar.If anyone is fimilar with my situation please help.Also if anyone could a sugest another good tower bar and if u guys happen to know of performance throtle body that will attach from an AEM to a Skunk2 im. Thanx

peace
Old 11-22-2002, 03:41 PM
b00gers

just wondering....is it mounted correctly? i dont have the skunk2 manifold, so i dont know how the throttle body is positioned, but on my car, the bar is not really that close to the TB.
Old 11-22-2002, 03:42 PM
b00gers

the regualr strut tower bars, such as the mugen ones dont get close to the TB, so check those out since they just go straight across.
Old 11-22-2002, 04:42 PM
Deagle
Nüb

I think your best bet would be to get a Skunk2 bar since you know for sure you're not going to have that problem. The Skunk2 bar is pretty much the same thing as a Spoon bar with some minor differences in shape. It's also lighter since the brackets are made of aluminum (not that it matters). I had a Neuspeed bar once. The guy who had it before me had some kind of modification that wouldn't let it fit properly with the TB. I think he modified it. There was a circular type notch in the bar so it would fit. I got this bar from him in this condition. It wasn't enough to make any difference in the performance of the bar.